Just saying, but with 32 players, that means we could be dealing with a total of 8 traitors. Does that scare anyone else, or is it just me?

EDIT: Also, @Wyrm, in regards to the changes to the Forger role. Did this have anything to do with my plan to forge every player we targeted to Voidbringer the same night we attack them to effectively remove any other role from getting forged? And when I said the bit about if we managed to get a second Feruchemist on our team, our total votes would have increased by two while rendering two good votes worthless? Or did this stem from other issues?

Edited by Adavantos

Joel Tormander, the quartermaster on the ship is returning to the bridge for voyage.

Could I get a link to the new spec doc please? I realy want to play this game, but I'm committed to two rather large projects at the moment, and haven't fully finished cleaning up all the crem that hit the fan a while ago. Good luck to the other crewmembers! Make sure to find those traitors! (And traitors, I'm open to bribery if you want easy access to the captain)

Just saying, but with 32 players, that means we could be dealing with a total of 8 traitors. Does that scare anyone else, or is it just me?

I've actually been thinking about eliminator percentages a lot lately and balance of teams, because with the metagame shifting like it is, I think it makes sense to start getting really unpredictable eliminator teams. Like a team of all new/newer players. Or a team of mostly regulars (and dangerous regulars for that matter). The issue is balance.

Most games with 25% eliminators end with the village losing--especially IRL. That doesn't mean it's not possible to make a team with 25% eliminators that gives the village an equal chance of winning against. Because it is. It just requires weakening the eliminator team a bit. Meaning player combinations that don't have a prior rapport, so that eliminator synergy doesn't click right off the bat. Less powerful roles, new players, etc. In this game, there could easily be a team of 8, but it would mostly consist of newer players (of which there are plenty). So while number-wise, it's a little frightening, balance-wise, it's not so bad.

On the flip-side of this, if you can get a balanced team with 25%, you can get a balanced team with under 20%. Like, for example, I would love to see a game with about 28 players and an eliminator team of me, Alv, Wyrm, Kas, and Hael. So about 17-18%. All of us have a high treat level, so at the very least we can hold our own on a team. Most of us have worked together in the past somehow and all of have a certain rapport. The synergy would be deadly and I'd be fascinated to see what types of shenanigans would happen. It would be wicked.

There are other similarly wicked eliminator teams that I could list, for either the less-than-20% side of things or the 25% side of things, or anything in between. The main consideration is balance since you can't just throw anyone on a 25% eliminator team and call it good.

Can I have a high treat level too? :P

Tsk. Too much Halloween? :P

On the flip-side of this, if you can get a balanced team with 25%, you can get a balanced team with under 20%. Like, for example, I would love to see a game with about 28 players and an eliminator team of me, Alv, Wyrm, Kas, and Hael. So about 17-18%. All of us have a high treat level, so at the very least we can hold our own on a team. Most of us have worked together in the past somehow and all of have a certain rapport. The synergy would be deadly and I'd be fascinated to see what types of shenanigans would happen. It would be wicked.

Seriously, guys, Halloween's over. Wake up. It's normal time again :P

Also, while I'd be interested in the dynamics of such a team, the whole point is that I'm there as the weakest link, Maili. If they put you, they'd need to make you guys like Disco or something to keep things balanced :P

Anyone else now expecting nightmares tonight?

Nah, I can take Wilson and Wyrm (albeit with both my hands).

Yet, I can't read Alv, I like Kas too much, and Hael would just browbeat with brilliant song parodies, so you guys would need to get them.

Nah, I can take Wilson and Wyrm (albeit with both my hands).

Remind me how well that went for you in QF9 again? >>.

An hour left for signups.

And with regards to what Adavantos mentioned... I realised that overwriting Roles in general was too strong, but it wasn't your strategy that made me think so.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Join us Kas! The bridge needs traitors as well!

...Did you just call me a traitor?

60020954.jpg

Why, Q., I'm Kashero you're talking to. Wyrmimir's up there in the thread. Might be wise to get it clear, because I'm neither your boss, nor the guy you should be saving from death :P

Remind me how well that went for you in QF9 again? >>.

Please do, as whatever you did was completely forgettable. Oh wait, was that when you sniped a completely defenseless player on Night One? And you expect to get Glory (I feel like I could make a clever reference out of that word >.>) for that? Nah. I've lynched you once and I'll be happy to do it again! Carry on, King!

Edit: :P, in case that wasn't clear...

Edited by Kipper

Please do, as whatever you did was completely forgettable. Oh wait, was that when you sniped a completely defenseless player on Night One? And you expect to get Glory (I feel like I could make a clever reference out of that word >.>) for that? Nah. I've lynched you once and I'll be happy to do it again! Carry on, King!

Edit: :P, in case that wasn't clear...

Wouldn't have been Night 1, that was Meta. Unless you did mean Meta. In which case, I'd hardly call him defenceless.

20 minutes of sign-up left.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Great nerd-snipe, Wyrm!

It's what I do best... :P

And we are a-go. Signups are closed, PMs are being sent out, thread out afterwards.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Day Shift 1: Hemomancer

Captain's Journal, 29/01/513 AK, Day Shift

If there is one thing I have decided that I hate more than anything else in the world, it is emotional Allomancy. Or anything like that, regardless of its source. It can turn perfectly happy people into lifeless, apathetic husks of their former selves, and the assertive into the aggressive. It ruins our control over our own selves. Rioters and Soothers are quick to say that we cannot be made to do anything we would not normally consider, oh yes, but I think that people are willing to consider quite a bit more than we tell ourselves.

'Hellscythe', as he was known to his friends, has become a victim of this. A moment of weakness, and these traitors that lurk amongst us have seized his mind and warped his thoughts. I found him in his own bedroom, hanging with his own standard issue tie.

As a Captain in the Heron Space Corp, I am of course trained in first aid. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do for him, at this point. Not only had his brain had been too starved of oxygen for him to make a recovery, but there was significant spinal damage as well. So, instead, I slaved him to the ship with one of my Hemalurgic spikes. At the very least, he might have been able to tell us who was responsible for this.

Unfortunately, whether due to his death or the process of transfer, Hellscythe's short-term memory has been damaged. He does not remember anything within the last week on the ship, and according to his own words, was not being coerced into betrayal before that point. He does not recall what he has done, either, which is annoying. I will have to look out very carefully for traps and sabotage aboard ship.

Blood is a key component of Hemalurgy. Unsurprising, when one breaks down its etymology. I had to damage his body enough to coat the spike in blood to ensure an efficient transfer before implanting it. But I doubt Hellscythe would have minded at the time. My hope is that he will be able to use the computational power and the human ability to learn, provided by his spike to calculate who our enemies are.

Sadly, the fact that his murderer (for this was murder, make no mistake about that) was an Allomancer does not aid me in my investigations either. I have restricted access to the Sharddrive now, and prevented people from accessing Investiture without my express consent. They are still necessary for the running of the ship, however, and so I have given out such abilities as are needed. It is very likely that at least one of these traitors was amongst those I bestowed with power.

I hope I do not regret this.

Captain Wurum Heron

Hellscythe's Note

By the time you read this

I, Hellscythe, confess to

I'm sorry, Captain. It's all my fault.

Crew Manifest

1. John (IrulelikeSTINK) - A rules lawyer's client with a mission.
  2. Gaius Tekiel (Orlok)
  3. Adelor Ien Far-Astra (Alfa)
  4. Wynde Wilson (little wilson) - A woman afraid of airlocks.
  5. Winnie the Pooh (Kipper)
  6. James T Slade (Bridge Boy) - An ensign with delusions of Spook.
  7. Inor Haze (Creccio)
  8. Pork (Paranoid King) - A pilot and board game fanatic.
  9. Miral (Mailliw73) - Excited to be exploring the Cosmere.
  10. Cor Mordero (Alvron) - Petty Officer, in both rank and nature.
  11. Arandar (Araris Valerian)
  12. Rae Nova (Arraenae) - Possibly a death-seeker
  13. Brega Daghar (The Honey Badger) - A man looking for opportunities.
  14. Citoan Vinid (Shallan) - A naturally non-Allomancer who loves Allomancy
  15. Obsidibus Caesis Dormiam (phattemer)
  16. Volke (TheMightyLopen)
  17. First of Dawn (Adavantos)
  18. Kaid (Kaid)
  19. Doctor McClay (Clanky)
  20. Neil Weakarm (polkinghorndb)
  21. Elby (Elbereth)
  22. HELLSCYTHE (DeathClutch19) - Uninvested - HI
  23. Steph (QueenSteph)
  24. The High Priest of Elkanah (Elkanah)
  25. Dow (dowanx)
  26. Sonder Kessligh (Kasimir)
  27. Osmann (Zed)
  28. Bort (Bort)
  29. Ember Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
  30. Gylf (RippleGylf)
  31. Bovinus (The Cow)
  32. Biggoron (Biggoron)

Hellscythe (Deathclutch19) was an Uninvested Crewmember!

Day Shift 1 has begun! It will end at 8PM GMT on Thursday. Remember that PMs cannot be used during the Day.

Edited by Wyrmhero