Blah blah blah, renegade and aman try to get eachother lynched, blah blah, superhero naming conventions, blah blah, writeup, to be edited in later, whatever.

Renegade was a Citizen Beggar turned Bodyguard!

Vote tally:

Renegade (10): Amanuensis, Rae, Conquestor, Bard, Eolhon, STINK, Elenion, Duke, Duke,  Noble
Amanuensis (3): Ren, Aonar, Lopen,
Stink (1): Sart

I see another Duke vote and don't like it. I've been the one to put in every Duke vote until now, and if a Duke has held their ability silent until now that probably means that they're an elim. The real question is this: did the elims Duke Ren to save Aman, or to deflect suspicion onto Aman? I think it's the latter; a reverse-LGG of sorts.

39 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

Blah blah blah, renegade and aman try to get eachother lynched, blah blah, superhero naming conventions, blah blah, writeup, to be edited in later, whatever.

Renegade was a Citizen Beggar turned Bodyguard!

Vote tally:

Renegade (10): Amanuensis, Rae, Conquestor, Bard, Eolhon, STINK, Elenion, Duke, Duke,  Noble
Amanuensis (3): Ren, Aonar, Lopen,
Stink (1): Sart

I'm really am sorry, Ren. I couldn't risk myself dying when I had no idea if you were Jeskeri or not, and after Sart and Aonar posted what they did, and even Lopen there at the end as well, I started to believe Wilson really was right about them and that you had to be evil by association, too. I tried to help you out halfway through the turn but unfortunately you didn't respond, and once more votes began to stack on me I had no choice but to ask for help.

I might as well reveal this now since the eliminators probably already know now that I claimed to Lopen, and it doesn't really matter since their only kill can occur on every third cycle. Like El I'm a Dula. In the beginning of the game I wanted to be Legionnaire'd because I expected to be targeted early on by the eliminators. I was fortunate enough to get Arrested by Magestar, but I did not want to trust him with that information immediately. On D2, Elb successfully scanned Wilson, whom I already knew was a Bodyguard, and verified she was clean. I somewhat didn't trust that El was a Dula since I was, but I had trusted Wilson well enough. I told them that Magestar was the Legionnaire that Arrested me and asked them to verify him that night. That is why he got scanned N2. Since Wilson had already been scanned by Elb and I hadn't already, she was more willing to risk her life protecting Elb than me, so the plan was for Mage to keep Arresting me until she could scan another Bodyguard. At first the plan was for her to scan Lopen, but towards the end of that turn he admitted to me that he wasn't actually a Bodyguard, but a ChayShan. This was shortly after Jaime claimed Bodyguard to me, and I brought this information to those three and we decided to have Elb scan Jaime that night. That way if Jaime turned out to be evil we could lynch her the next day, but if she didn't we could have her protect me so I could start using my scans too. Unfortunately this never happened because they somehow all died.

I'm saying this openly now because things are looking pretty bad for us, and I don't want this turn to go to waste discussion wise. There are 16 of us left now. If 4 of them are Jeskeri and 1 is the lone Philosopher (SK? Elim?), that means there are 10 Citizens left, plus Survivor!Stink. If our ChayShan keep killing people as much as they have been so far and they don't hit a Jeskeri, we'll be getting dangerously close to being dominated by the eliminators. We need to practice caution, and we need to coordinate. I would like everyone to vote on who they would like me to scan in purple and why, so that we don't waste this turn not talking.

I am personally debating between Aonar, Sart and Lopen right now, since Wilson, and a few other players who's guts I trust, were suspicious of them. If I had to choose one I'd probably choose Aonar at this point. This is mostly because in the PM he had with Wilson he claimed to be a Beggar who turned into a Bodyguard after Mailliw died. Given that Rae claimed Beggar very early in the game, and now that we know Ren was a Beggar, I reckon he's either a Jeskeri lying about his role or that he's telling the truth about it, but is just a Beggar-equivalent role on their team. If he is telling the truth then having another Bodyguard on the village's side after losing Wilson and Jaime will be great for us. If he's an eliminator than we'll all know for sure tomorrow and strike him down for killing so many of our friends.

34 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I see another Duke vote and don't like it. I've been the one to put in every Duke vote until now, and if a Duke has held their ability silent until now that probably means that they're an elim. The real question is this: did the elims Duke Ren to save Aman, or to deflect suspicion onto Aman? I think it's the latter; a reverse-LGG of sorts.

I'm very surprised about this too, to be honest. After three lynches and only one Duke vote each time I didn't believe there was another one in the game. This was a part of the reason why I tried to get all of the Dukes to prove themselves in the beginning, as it was more likely the eliminators would want to keep it a secret. I've heard role claims or seen evidence of every player who voted for Ren so far, so it couldn't have been any of them, which I find particularly weird because that means someone wanted to vote for Ren without making it obvious, which doesn't really seem like something a villager would do. Either the order was put in before the swing occurred, or an eliminator saw an opportunity to implicate me at the end by adding an unneeded vote. It could also belong to a player that hadn't really been active earlier on in the game, but besides Conq, who we already know is a Retired Pirate, I don't think anyone really fits that criteria, except maybe Sart.

Edited by Amanuensis

Here, I'm feeling generous, so I'll actually post onetwo of my paranoid theories for a change. :P 

I think Aonar is a Cultist as well as Aman. I think Aman wants to scan Aonar so that no village kill role(me) can kill him, since, obviously a villager shouldn't kill someone who's getting scanned. Then, Aman will claim that Aonar is evil. Then Aonar and Aman will fight and one of them will end up being lynched and the other will be soft-cleared.

Or, next theory. The Cultists have a good number of players and given how close the game is, Aman just went and asked any Neutral players he's found to team up with them(hence, Stink voting Ren when the vote was almost pushed to Aman:angry:) and once this Night is over, the village will be outnumbered and it'll be game over for the village, so he's trying to make certain that none of his teammates get killed.

Just some theories. I really don't like our position right now for sure.

I was also thinking of an idea. Kill role that attacked Alv and Araris, would you mind attacking whoever I attack? That way, even if they're a Cultist with protection, we'll be able to kill them. And if they're not a Cultist, then we'll at least have only killed 1 villager instead of potentially 2. 

Edited by TheMightyLopen

And then there were 16. My analysis of Ren did pull up some suspicious things, but there was nothing in there that convinced me to vote for him. This whole lynch shows the danger of lynching someone for what they said during the current cycle. A full analysis of the player is needed, especially if they make an honest mistake.

On that note, I'm not sure what to make of Aman's claim of Dula. It's certainly possible that we had two Dulas, but I find it odd that they both went to two of our most vocal players. I haven't suspected Aman this game, so I'm willing to entertain the possibility of him being a scanner. I need to do an analysis of his posts, but that can wait til tomorrow.

On the subject of voting for a scan. Don't. We're at a numerical disadvantage right now. It would be extremely easy for the Jeskeri to lead the vote away from their target. It's better to keep it hidden, so that they don't have a chance to prepare. On that note, I would also recommend that Lopen kill STINK. It's better to get him out of the way now, rather than have him muck up the votes yet again. There's also still the possibility that he is Jeskeri, so we want him dead asap.

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I might as well reveal this now since the eliminators probably already know now that I claimed to Lopen, and it doesn't really matter since their only kill can occur on every third cycle.

Wait. I just noticed this. You claim that I'm an eliminator and in the same exact sentence, claim that the eliminators only have a kill every 3rd Cycle. I'm ChayShan, so if I was an eliminator, we'd have a kill other than the Jeskeri Practitioner.

I'm killing Aman then. :P Other kill role, help me out will ya?

4 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Wait. I just noticed this. You claim that I'm an eliminator and in the same exact sentence, claim that the eliminators only have a kill every 3rd Cycle. I'm ChayShan, so if I was an eliminator, we'd have a kill other than the Jeskeri Practitioner.

I'm killing Aman then. :P Other kill role, help me out will ya?

I didn't claim you're an eliminator. I said probably. I also didn't claim the eliminations only have a kill every 3rd cycle. I reiterated what Joe said in the D4 write up. I also don't believe your claim of ChayShan because the only players you've said you've attacked are "Straw" and "Elodin", the first another ChayShan has since said they were responsible for and the second the write up said the Practitioner killed. 

4 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

Elbereth's death has been posted. Araris's and Renegades are coming soon.

EDIT: I'll be livewriting the writeups in the Discord chat from now on. Come join us!: https://discord.gg/mr732N5

Oh and he also narates them out! Joe could totally do audio books so i totally recommend people listen in!

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I didn't claim you're an eliminator. I said probably. I also didn't claim the eliminations only have a kill every 3rd cycle. I reiterated what Joe said in the D4 write up. I also don't believe your claim of ChayShan because the only players you've said you've attacked are "Straw" and "Elodin", the first another ChayShan has since said they were responsible for and the second the write up said the Practitioner killed. 

Just a minute.

So. Theres 3? ChayShan right? Elodin, Lopen and the other. So. We've been told that Lopens attacked straw, he claims he was successful, and another came forward and said they attacked straw, but were unsuccessful  cause someone else got them first (i believe thats what the original post in thread about that chayshan said a few turns back. Cant remember who said that but that was in my notes.), and  now theres a third who attacked straw but claims they were successful? Am i reading the right, cause that would mean 3 separate claims on attacking straw and two claims on being successful. Did elodin say he attacked straw at all then?

I do not advise killing STINK. In fact, I think I found an elim that has been coasting under the radar, and have already told kill roles to kill that person. So Sart, can we like take a break? I had no idea I'd get an enemy at this point in the game.

Well Aman either tricked us all or he was just a villager protecting himself. I think we should send the kill roles we have to kill him just to be sure. I mean look at LG 22 where he was an outed eliminator and he still won! What damage could he do if we weren't sure of his eliminatorness, he could kill us all one a time during the lynch and every third night the Jeskeri Practitioner gets to kill one or more people.

2 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Just a minute.

So. Theres 3? ChayShan right? Elodin, Lopen and the other. So. We've been told that Lopens attacked straw, he claims he was successful, and another came forward and said they attacked straw, but were unsuccessful cause someone else got them first (i believe thats what the original post in thread about that chayshan said a few turns back. Cant remember who said that but that was in my notes.), and  now theres a third who attacked straw but claims they were successful? Am i reading the right, cause that would mean 3 separate claims on attacking straw and two claims on being successful. Did Elodin say he attacked straw at all then?

As far as we know there are 3 ChayShan, yes, and all three of them claimed to attack Straw on D1. Lopen told me at the end of D2, a second ChayShan claimed to Wilson and said they failed the same turn, and Elodin also claimed to attack Straw (but did not clarify if he succeeded or not). If he had told me I would have asked if he actually killed him or just attacked him, but sadly the player who he claimed the attack to never asked the question themselves, so I can't say for sure. What I do know is that there has only been undeniable evidence of two ChayShan kills at once. The attack on Straw, the attack on Alv, and the attack on Me and Araris. Three ChayShan claimed to have attacked Straw. Only one (Wilson's) claimed to have attacked Alv. Elodin attacked me, which is what resulted in his death, so that means that Wilson's had to be the one who killed Araris. I for one know the identity of the ChayShan who attacked Alv, and at this point in time I trust them a lot more than I trust Lopen.

Lopen claimed Bodyguard early on, supposedly to discourage him from being attacked. But when I brought up in thread the sheer number of Bodyguards in the game and that one of them was likely evil, he suddenly started to sing a different tune. I was not aware that Elodin was a ChayShan, or that he attacked Straw N1, until last turn. Since the player who he told could not tell me if they were successful or not, I assumed Lopen was telling the truth. But then he started making up all of these "paranoid theories" about me. Right now he's trying to get Wilson's ChayShan to attack me "in case of protection" when I really just think he wants someone else to kill me while he knows for sure I'm vulnerable, or otherwise waste their kill rather than remove him or another one of his teammates.

In light of that. Aonar. Lopen. I believe he started trying to implicate me when he made that post about players pretending to be Arrested on N2 (his goal was to cast doubt on anyone who wasn't posting at night). At the time he had no ground to stand on to attempt a direct confrontation, so he attempted something less risky, to which Wilson shut down immediately. And then all of a sudden I'm attacked by the Jeskeri and multiple players die. I should have thought it suspicious that instead of posting in thread about it like Ren did, he went to players privately, likely to gauge how they felt about it and maybe persuade them to think I was somehow evil because I got attacked. But then he seemed to be willing to hear me out while Ren kept pushing it, so I favored the latter being evil. Then towards the end of the turn, he and Aonar attempt to reignite the lynch on me and almost succeed in making it a tie, which would have resulted in us losing two villagers, something we cannot afford right now.

At the very least, I believe Aonar and Lopen are on a team together. And it's mainly because of this "theory" right here:

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I think Aonar is a Cultist as well as Aman. I think Aman wants to scan Aonar so that no village kill role(me) can kill him, since, obviously a villager shouldn't kill someone who's getting scanned. Then, Aman will claim that Aonar is evil. Then Aonar and Aman will fight and one of them will end up being lynched and the other will be soft-cleared.

If Aonar and I were on a team, why would I tell people he's evil and try to lynch him? That makes absolutely no sense. I would tell the thread he's innocent so that people continue to ignore him while we team up to take another villager down. I believe now that you know Aonar is evil because you're evil with him, and therefore know that I'm telling the truth about my role and that there's nothing you can do to stop me from scanning him short of killing me (which you can't actually do because you're not a ChayShan), hence you openly asking the other ChayShan to attack me.

What I noticed, too, is that your sudden assurance of me being evil changed when I started telling people my actual role. You yourself said before I claimed that you figured out Elb was the Dula, too. I think someone on your team got in contact with the Philosopher and had him attack her the same night your Practitioner attacked me so that the only Dula in the game wouldn't be alive to find you. Obviously you didn't anticipate there being a second one, and now you're getting desperate when your entire plan is about to crumble because you can't kill me for another two cycles and I'm about to out your teammate. That way if I succeeded in getting him lynched you could still accuse me.

8 hours ago, Sart said:

On that note, I'm not sure what to make of Aman's claim of Dula. It's certainly possible that we had two Dulas, but I find it odd that they both went to two of our most vocal players. I haven't suspected Aman this game, so I'm willing to entertain the possibility of him being a scanner. I need to do an analysis of his posts, but that can wait til tomorrow.

On the subject of voting for a scan. Don't. We're at a numerical disadvantage right now. It would be extremely easy for the Jeskeri to lead the vote away from their target. It's better to keep it hidden, so that they don't have a chance to prepare. On that note, I would also recommend that Lopen kill STINK. It's better to get him out of the way now, rather than have him muck up the votes yet again. There's also still the possibility that he is Jeskeri, so we want him dead asap.

Ultimately that depends on whether or not Joe let the RNG handle role selection or if he hand picked / tweaked the rolls. But there's a pretty big downside to being a vocal player, and it's that you're almost always a priority target for the eliminators. That's why I was so careful in the beginning. I knew that the Dula could only scan eliminators, not Neutral-Evils, so I didn't want to rely on the ability too much, and with there being so many players at the time, using it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, especially with very limited reads on people and no idea how the eliminator team would be balanced. My goal from the beginning was to survive until the late game when there was more content to analyze and less players to verify. Right now I've got a lot of good leads and a small enough pool to pick from that I'm confident I'll snag an eliminator soon.

As for voting for the scan. The only way the eliminators can ruin it is if they were to kill whoever I verify (assuming that player isn't also evil), which they can't do unless they have a ChayShan. As for them leading the vote away from one of them, I think that any attempt to do so is extremely valuable information, just like the lynch votes during the day often tell us who is evil based on who they try to save. I also am against Stink being attacked. He finally told me yesterday the full extent of his win condition, and it's a lot more believable than "I just need to Survive until the end and I have no abilities to help me get there." Plus he helped save my life. If he was actually a Jeskeri I severely doubt he would have helped me when I asked. He would have probably told me "Sorry m8, I'm Neutral" and left it at that.

Edited by Amanuensis

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

If Aonar and I were on a team, why would I tell people he's evil and try to lynch him? That makes absolutely no sense. I would tell the thread he's innocent so that people continue to ignore him while we team up to take another villager down. I believe now that you know Aonar is evil because you're evil with him, and therefore know that I'm telling the truth about my role and that there's nothing you can do to stop me from scanning him short of killing me (which you can't actually do because you're not a ChayShan), hence you openly asking the other ChayShan to attack me.

I'm pretty sure that Aman and Lopen are on separate teams, so this is a perfect Dula opportunity. Aman, use the Dula ability on Lopen. If he turns out Jeskeri, we've cleared you and also got grounds to scan or lynch Aonar. If he turns out village, we now have a vetted ChayShan ready to kill whomever is most suspicious.

Another bulletin: I want to start making an in-thread list about who's claimed what. We can't have a player with 2 roles (as far as I know), so any player who has verified who they are is not a candidate for being a Practitioner, Acolyte, Philosopher, or the Elim!Duke.

• Player Name: Claimed Role/My certainty level (1-5) - HC if hard-cleared
  • Alvron: Pirate/5 - HC
  • Amanuensis: Dula/3
  • Aonar: Unclaimed
  • Arraenae: Beggar => ??/2
  • Burnt Spaghetti: Unclaimed
  • Conquestor: Pirate/5 - HC
  • Elenion: Duke/5
  • Emerald: Bodyguard/1
  • Eolhondras: Unclaimed
  • Kipper: Unclaimed
  • Lopen: Chay-Shan/2
  • Orlok: Unclaimed
  • Sart: Unclaimed
  • Stink: Neutral with Defense Ability/4
  • The Silver Dragon: Noble/4
  • The Young Bard: Unclaimed

If there have been any other public claims, please let me know.

12 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Here, I'm feeling generous, so I'll actually post onetwo of my paranoid theories for a change. :P 

Or, next theory. The Cultists have a good number of players and given how close the game is, Aman just went and asked any Neutral players he's found to team up with them(hence, Stink voting Ren when the vote was almost pushed to Aman:angry:) and once this Night is over, the village will be outnumbered and it'll be game over for the village, so he's trying to make certain that none of his teammates get killed.

Just some theories. I really don't like our position right now for sure.

I was also thinking of an idea. Kill role that attacked Alv and Araris, would you mind attacking whoever I attack? That way, even if they're a Cultist with protection, we'll be able to kill them. And if they're not a Cultist, then we'll at least have only killed 1 villager instead of potentially 2. 

If another CSP attacks the same target you do, you won't conclusively prove that you really are a CSP. And if the player you're claiming to attack doesn't die, then maybe they had protection and it's the other CSP's fault that they didn't attack the same person you did.

Could you give us a list of people you're thinking of targetting, so we can track your kill? I understand that you won't want your kill to be blocked, but anything would be helpful. A list of five or so people ought to do.