Second Annual Sanderson Tournament Discussion

Patar

3 hours ago, Patar said:

Sounds good. And I actually really like the idea of Hoid as a cameo appearance if we weave a story into this. Of course I don't want to do this if everybody else wants him in the tournament, but the idea certainly has merit!  

We could allow Hoid's Wit persona. Or Cephandreus Maxtori or Topaz or Roamer or Dust or Drifter or Imperial Fool or storyteller!Hoid or beggar!Hoid. wow that's a lot.

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

If it does end up being a brawl, I think it could be interesting to have all the characters with magic/powers be on their own while the normal humans are in duos or trios. 

This idea is genius. We could try to make groupings so that each group is equal. OP characters could be by themselves.

I wonder who will be first to vote Khriss and Nazh.

Vasher x2

Nightblood x1

Kaladin x1

Kelsier x1

Edited by Eccentric Hero

Giving reasons because I'm bored: Vasher because he is a hero that was misunderstood and he thanks his strawmen. Nightblood seems kinda cute in his quest to destroy evil. Kaladin, as a Windrunner, is so storming honorable. Kelsier is why I started smiling more and he is a great planner. Wax because I realized he's an introvert who feels lonely.

Vasher x1

Nightblood x1

Kaladin x1

Kelsier x1

Wax x1

Edited by Eccentric Hero

Sorry it took me awhile to get these updated, pretty sure I got them all. If anyone notices any mistakes, let me know!

I'll go ahead and throw in my own votes:

Vin x2

TenSoon x1

Lord Ruler x2

Edit: Also as of right now, we have 42 or 43 characters, if I've counted correctly and assuming we're including everyone so far, barring maybe Hoid. 

Edited by Patar

Are we gonna have 32 or 64 characters? I prefer 64, personally. That would allow more characters to get in, and would a longer game really be a bad thing? I mean, this is fun, and if fun takes a little longer, that aint a big deal, at least not for me.

And during the contest, are we allowed to vote for who we like, even if they are put up against more powerful characters, or should we always go by who would win in a fight?

Anyway, nominations:

3x Axies

2x Adolin

All caught up! Few things I'd like some feedback on:

• First and perhaps most important: When do y'all want to start? How many more nomination days should we have?
  • Should Stick really be included? I get that it's a popular joke and all, but it's not even really a character. But hey, if you all want it in who am I to say no :P
  • 32, 64, or 64 with teams of two? I've seen people say their desire for all three. My problem with having some characters on teams (characters that aren't super powerful could be on a team, while tanks like Vin and Kaladin will fly solo) is that it would be hell to plan out.  
  • I've seen some people want to write up their versions on how these battles go down, and that's super cool! A few people did that last year and it was always fun to read!

And with that, my nominations for the day:

Wayne x3

TenSoon x1

Susebron x1