Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

Peng, in rabbit form, began to take notice that the people were planning to slaughter the rabbits.

"No, don't kill us" he pleaded. "We make good pets"

Of course, he was speaking in rabbit so no one understood him

The Treaty

Aside from the small matter of not killing eachother the conditions are as follows:

1) A bounty will be placed on rabbit pelts, to be paid equally but both countries until such a time as rabbits no longer infest our lands.

2) Aili and Dainard are hereby elected as leaders of their respective nations to form a two part government and will henceforth govern the city.

3) A dual-national committee is to be formed to patrol and inspect the area to prevent rebels from causing such destruction and death again.

4) The current Hallandren lifeless army will be split between the Idrians and Hallandrens with a proportion of 70% held by the Idrians.

In an utterly unIdrian and heretical manner : P

Hey guys, with the negotiations over I am going to ask Meta (or another mod) to combine these all into the main thread, I will update all links in the OP and then it will be locked. So if there is any other comments you wanted to make get them in soon.

Speak now or forever hold your peace. Or, send me a pm, that works too.

One year later...

Rowan took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then smiled. Had it really been a whole year since that Pahn Kahl fiasco? Fortunately, everything had worked out just right. The killers had been caught and executed, the treaty had been accepted by both sides, and most importantly, Rowan's plan had gone off flawlessly.

It had been no accident when he had brought handfuls of baby bunnies into the town. Protected from their natural predators, they thrived and kept breeding like... well, rabbits. In no time at all the town was crawling with the creatures. Then Rowan had slipped in that little addendum to the treaties, placing a hefty bounty on rabbit pelts. He had worried he was being a bit too obvious, but nobody seemed to notice or care. Being the only hunter in town, Rowan set to work hunting the fluffy creatures down, and made a fortune collecting the bounties. Then, with the new alliance in place, he struck up a business partnership with some of dye merchants and set up shop selling colorful fur scarves to the Hallandrens, as well as selling plain fur-lined boots to the Idrians. He already had a good relationship with Ailli, and sold her fresh rabbit-meat for the restaurant.

Rowan surveyed his shop. He had several employees now who ran things for him, so he barely had to do anything anymore. His eye fell on one wall. Six rabbit pelts hung there- the first six he had caught. One of them, the largest, had mottled fur and a tuft of white between its ears that almost looked like a mohawk. They had seemed important somehow, and he had kept the pelts rather than selling them.

He took in another deep breath and let it out. Yes, life was good.

Good game everyone, and a big thanks (and many upvotes) to Claincy for GMing it!

Aili had run the Red Salmon and the village in peace for this whole year. It was almost unbelievable. There were many changes in the town though with all the deaths caused in the rebellion last year. Her and Dainard had been able to keep the town in check and with control of 70% of the lifeless, they would be able to defend themselves of the Hallandren decided to fight them again. Maw told her that he was glad she would live in peace, but now it was time for him to move on.

I was really hoping that the Hallendrens were all just waiting to vote until the last minute and were going to force proposal 2 through. Sure, you might have control of a good chunk of the Lifeless, but that seems acceptable to having to wear rainbow tie-dye shirts! 

Come back later and do it? 

Err, I mean: PUNY MORTAL, YOU SHALL DO AS COMMANDED! LET IT BE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE LANDS, SO THAT EVERYONE CAN COME BACK AND PROVIDE THE TORTURER OF HERALDS WITH GREEN ARROWS OF POWER! 

Don't know whether to upvote you or downvote you, Awesome. I was going to make a whole post in the current game thread as THE TORTURER OF HERALDS if it lasted longer. :P Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I have to give Chaos props for giving us something fun like that for 666.