Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Gosh that's depressing. I really hope Jon wasn't the one who soothed that vote D2.

Oh wait, Jon died... I totally thought that said that Snipexe did the first time I read it. Looks like we have an active Rioter too. I'm beginning to suspect that Snipe is actually a Rioter, not a Soother. And I'm even less certain on his alignment now.

I've been talking with my Seeker friend, who I will refer to as Lord Bron Zeburn for purposes of anonymity, and we have decided that I'll be the face of the Seeked. Bron scanned a village Lurcher last night, which is why no one was revealed to be Seeked in the thread, since Bron knew he could trust me. Obligator Feir Onlurch, as we will refer to him publicly, has been lurching me the two nights since I've been seeked. Bron has asked that I again ask the Ministry how they would like him to use his abilities tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Oh wait, Jon died... I totally thought that said that Snipexe did the first time I read it. Looks like we have an active Rioter too. I'm beginning to suspect that Snipe is actually a Rioter, not a Soother. And I'm even less certain on his alignment now.

I've been talking with my Seeker friend, who I will refer to as Lord Bron Zeburn for purposes of anonymity, and we have decided that I'll be the face of the Seeked. Bron scanned a village Lurcher last night, which is why no one was revealed to be Seeked in the thread, since Bron knew he could trust me. Obligator Feir Onlurch, as we will refer to him publicly, has been lurching me the two nights since I've been seeked. Bron has asked that I again ask the Ministry how they would like him to use his abilities tonight. 

Snipexe, Araris and Karnatheon are my top three picks, personally. Just please for the love of the Lord Ruler do NOT scan me. Thanks <3

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

It could be 3-8, I believe at most. If for some reason, Itiah started with 5 beads, it could be 4-7, but I doubt it. That’d be a bit too high, imo. 

N1 Convert, D2 Lynch, N2 Convert, N3 Convert, D4 Lynch, right? That's 4 beads, 3 conversions. I'm a little concerned about the Seeker being compromised tbh.

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

N1 Convert, D2 Lynch, N2 Convert, N3 Convert, D4 Lynch, right? That's 4 beads, 3 conversions. I'm a little concerned about the Seeker being compromised tbh.

Oh right. I didn’t go back and count which day it was. So yeah, 3-8 is the max right now. 

I’m aware of that possibility too. So far every scan has been accurate, but it also would be a dead giveaway if one wasn’t. I personally trust the Seeker but there isn’t proof and we may have to kill them if we don’t find a lead soon. 

I'm at the point where I'm very worried that we're gonna reach end game before we know it. The village really can't afford inactivity deaths. 3 to 8 now, but if @STINK, @Nohadon, @Coop772, @Lumgol and @Gancho Libre are mostly village and die, we're toast.

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm at the point where I'm very worried that we're gonna reach end game before we know it. The village really can't afford inactivity deaths. 3 to 8 now, but if @STINK, @Nohadon, @Coop772, @Lumgol and @Gancho Libre are mostly village and die, we're toast.

Lum should be back soon. I don’t rememebr when she made her post but she said she’d be gone for only a week and I think were getting close to her coming back. Stink and nohadon are lost causes, imo. Coop and Gancho, I have no idea why they haven’t posted. But I agree, we need all the help we can get and as long as they make at least one post in the next 50 hours or so, they’ll be fine and prolong our chances. 

I should be able to be active by tomorrow, but until then let me try to post something on mobile.

So we should have at most 3 elims, (I’d find it incredibly unlikely that ITIAH was given 4 beads). Something that happened of note was that on N2 there was no kill, when there should have been one. Now maybe the convert N1 was inactive, but I doubt that the Seer would use a conversion that way. So I’ve been thinking that maybe the N2 kill was lurched, and so survived. I don’t know how likely this, and maybe this was discussed while I was gone, but I figured I post this anyway. 

Feel free to analyze this to your hearts content, as I try to write a more in-depth post.

Was it clarified whether or not someone that lurches someone will know if that person got attacked or not? Because it could be useful to know of there was a N2 attack or not. It probably isn't a good idea for said Lurcher to claim publicly though, just because that could make them a target.

Lurcher: A Lurcher can use their Action at Night to save another player from being killed. The Lurcher will be aware that their target was attacked, but no-one else, including the player being attacked, will know.

The above is quoting the rules. So the Lurcher would know if their attack was successful. I don’t really know if it would be a good idea for the lurched to claim, as it could be easy for an elim to fake. 

[Insert writeup here]

Amanuensis has died! He was an Obligator.

Tineye Message:

I'm Araris, and I didn't send the message about cinnamon, so there is a second Tineye.

GM Notes:

PMs are open!

The turn will end at 5:30 PM EST on January 1st.

The following players are at risk of dying due to the inactivity filter:

@Lumgol

@Coop772

@Nohadon

@Cadmium Compounder

@Gancho Libre

@STINK

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud) Obligator

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart) Soother

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

Edited by Straw

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

So when the filter kicks in, we will have 4 players left. That means that given 3 remaining elims, at least one of the inactives must be elim.

I don’t see why you, Karn, and Snipe couldn’t all be eliminators? I’m not saying I necessarily think that, but it’s a definite possibility in my mind. 

38 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, but if that were the case then the game would end after the filter kicks in.

True. Which is still a possibility, and would suck for me, so for faith’s sake, I’m going to believe that’s not the case. 

@Karnatheon, @Snipexe, I think this is LyLo. At least one of you is almost certainly elim, and I think we should probably do some role reveals so we can solve this. If neither of you is the Seeker, then either it's Mailliw, or there isn't actually a Seeker and Mailliw is an elim. I suppose there is the rather sad possibility that the three of you are all evil, but I hope that's not the case.

12 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Karnatheon, @Snipexe, I think this is LyLo. At least one of you is almost certainly elim, and I think we should probably do some role reveals so we can solve this. If neither of you is the Seeker, then either it's Mailliw, or there isn't actually a Seeker and Mailliw is an elim. I suppose there is the rather sad possibility that the three of you are all evil, but I hope that's not the case.

Can you explain LyLo?

Hi. I'm so sorry. I'm back, but a busy weekend made me completely forget about SE. I'll try to reactivate myself, but unfortunately, I do believe that this will be my last game where I attempt full activity for a while. My schedule is just getting too busy. I'll go and read through what I can real quick. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

CadCom, welcome back! We may just need your vote today, unless you’re a traitor, then feel free not to vote for a villager. 

I’m going to start the votes off with Snipexe. Overall, still my best guess for a traitor among the active players.