Long Game 64: Choose Your Own Sanderson Adventure!

LG64: Night 6 - Descent into Madness

5e990bb07eea5_press7.PNG.70d6637f4a4bb155bfa685f519c170bd.PNG

5e990c93c1f22_twitter1.thumb.png.a3eef87051bf041d1b3cf31711d6a0bc.png

5e990c9a40d65_twitter2.thumb.png.9c6097f9ba987d261dc7c59214ee3eeb.png

Shqueeves was a Librarian Anonymous Contact!
Zillah was a Librarian Gossiper!

Vote Count
Shqueeves (4): Experience, Sart, Straw, Zillah

Night 1 has begun and will last for 23 hours. Also, the writeup for last turn has been edited in, This is Above My Pay Grade. Have fun!

Player List

1. Experience - Shard
  2. Straw - Straw
  3. Kidpen - Arthur Smedry Librarian Criminal and Paper-Tosser
  4. A Joe in the Bush - Porona Candemic Librarian Jail-breaker
  5. Coda - ? Librarian Oculator
  6. Striker - Striker Librarian Therapist
  7. Kynedath - Bartholomew Prescot Librarian Trouble Magnet
  8. Elandera - Rainier Librarian Criminal with Madness Lenses
  9. Zillah - ? Librarian Gossiper
  10. xinoehp512 - ? Librarian Criminal and Anonymous Contact
  11. Ironfire - Liability Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon
  12. Sart - ?
  13. Elkanah - Karen Crystal Knight Silimatic Engineer
  14. Fifth Scholar - Sergey Karjakin, Russian ambassador and secret adviser to the Secretary of Defense Librarian Transporter
  15. The God King - The God King Librarian Curator
  16. Shqueeves - ? Librarian Anonymous Contact

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Experience, claiming Transporter was smart. I guess you'll kill me or Sart tonight and then just finish off the other one of us on N7?

Yep. Totally straw. I'm pretty sure it's going to a 50% lynch death next turn, cause you'll just take the easy way and kill Sart. Unless you want to play the mind game and try and figure out who I transport with.:P

8 minutes ago, Experience said:

Yep. Totally straw. I'm pretty sure it's going to a 50% lynch death next turn, cause you'll just take the easy way and kill Sart. Unless you want to play the mind game and try and figure out who I transport with.:P

Sart is a Silimatic Engineer and probably has protector's glass on.

EDIT: I don't suppose you'd accept a draw? If Sart dies, I'll be unwilling to target you due to a 50% chance of death. Thus, the GMs will probably be forced to draw. I doubt they'd be willing to just let me sit around until you go inactive and I can safely kill you. :P

Edited by Straw

19 minutes ago, Straw said:

Sart is a Silimatic Engineer and probably has protector's glass on.

EDIT: I don't suppose you'd accept a draw? If Sart dies, I'll be unwilling to target you due to a 50% chance of death. Thus, the GMs will probably be forced to draw. I doubt they'd be willing to just let me sit around until you go inactive and I can safely kill you. :P

Aw man, and I wanted to do a big reveal too...

Unfortunately, you got one tiny thing wrong. I'm wearing Inhibitor's Glass right now. Good game Straw.

LG64: Aftermath - #WhiteHouseWeirdness

twitter1.thumb.png.fd28f38d33b9a94fcb55c5d23d572a93.png
twitter2.thumb.png.bc9db0bfa2421e8fcc31af4a6d90224c.png

Chat2.thumb.png.1772884cecc8a2a9af3ee0d14749ac8a.png
Chat1.thumb.PNG.7717e85b5344951a19a06b3af4f6b093.PNG

Straw was killed! He was the Rogue Smedry!

The game is over! Congratulations to the Librarians for taking back control of the White House and rooting out all the other factions. 

Final Player List

1. Experience - Shard Librarian Oculator and Transporter
  2. Straw - Straw Rogue Smedry
  3. Kidpen - Arthur Smedry Librarian Criminal and Paper-Tosser
  4. A Joe in the Bush - Porona Candemic Librarian Jail-breaker
  5. Coda - ? Librarian Oculator
  6. Striker - Striker Librarian Therapist
  7. Kynedath - Bartholomew Prescot Librarian Trouble Magnet
  8. Elandera - Rainier Librarian Criminal with Madness Lenses
  9. Zillah - ? Librarian Gossiper
  10. xinoehp512 - ? Librarian Criminal and Anonymous Contact
  11. Ironfire - Liability Crystal Knight Gossiper with an Airplane Spoon
  12. Sart - ? Librarian Silimatic Engineer
  13. Elkanah - Karen Crystal Knight Silimatic Engineer
  14. Fifth Scholar - Sergey Karjakin, Russian ambassador and secret adviser to the Secretary of Defense Librarian Transporter
  15. The God King - The God King Librarian Curator
  16. Shqueeves - ? Librarian Anonymous Contact

Doc Links
Master Spreadsheet
Spec/Dead Doc
Crystal Knights
Rogue Smedry

Gah, looks like I lost the IKYK game with Experience. I fell for one of the classic blunders! :P

I had a lot of fun this game. Big thanks to @Elbereth and @little wilson for GMing and making all those fun writeups and Coolidge posts. Hopefully you two are now enjoying your escape from the paradoxical OoA. :P When you two get a chance, could you tell me how you felt my rule went? I took it straight from a game I made, so this was a useful little playtest.

I'm happy about how much I wrote in my doc this game (34 pages!!!), even if quite a lot of it is just code breaking. I'm also quite happy with how far I got. I had expected to die far sooner.

I legitimately thought that there was no way that there were no Knights left, which ended up causing my downfall. If I had just left the lynch on Experience, maybe I would have won (or not).

BTW, I'm not sorry about killing so many people. After all, what else do you do with unspeakable cosmic power!? B)

Wow. First off, @Elbereth and @little wilson thank you for a wonderful game! 

I was pretty suprised that there weren't any knights left. I'm guessing Ironfire went inactive before they converted anyone. 

@Straw I almost chose to not transport on the last night and hope that you just killed yourself, trying to kill me. But then you said in thread that he had protectors glass, which made it so you would most likely pick me, so I transported with you. 

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

I was pretty suprised that there weren't any knights left. I'm guessing Ironfire went inactive before they converted anyone. 

@Straw I almost chose to not transport on the last night and hope that you just killed yourself, trying to kill me. But then you said in thread that he had protectors glass, which made it so you would most likely pick me, so I transported with you. 

Oops, I shouldn't have said that. :P

If you look at the Knight doc and the spreadsheet, Ironfire had to make a gossip PM N1. On N2 they tried to put in the action via the doc, which resulted in them not converting. Interestingly, even if they had converted, they were targeting the kill for that night.

Edited by Straw

I wasn't paying attention during the cycles after my death, but I feel the need to give kudos to @Straw, because I had no idea you were the Smedry. Ironically you probably shouldn't have have killed me, because I think I would've defended you down to my last breath.

Edited by Kidpen

Thank you @Elbereth and @little wilson for running this game and working with all the crazy rule suggestions. It was very fun. Good game, @Straw. You made some fantastic arguments that kept the village from focusing on you too much. Even though I suspected you of being the Smedry, I wasn't willing to act on it because of your math analysis. :P

I wish we had gotten to see the jail mechanics actually used, though I do understand why they weren't really useful applied. I'd like to mess with it a bit to find a way to make jailing with mechanics like criminal plausible.

49 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Thank you @Elbereth and @little wilson for running this game and working with all the crazy rule suggestions. It was very fun. Good game, @Straw. You made some fantastic arguments that kept the village from focusing on you too much. Even though I suspected you of being the Smedry, I wasn't willing to act on it because of your math analysis. :P

I wish we had gotten to see the jail mechanics actually used, though I do understand why they weren't really useful applied. I'd like to mess with it a bit to find a way to make jailing with mechanics like criminal plausible.

Honestly I think it was very close to being a reasonable mechanic, despite not actually taking place at any time. With a little tweaking it could change voting in an interesting way.

Regardless, thanks Elbereth and Wilson for running the game! I had a lot of fun both in the beginning when rules were being created and over the course of the game.

Nearly a year since this game began, it's time to close down the thread. A huge thanks again to Wilson and El for running this chaos-monster of a game. You both did a great job pulling in all of our wild suggestions for rules. Congratulations to the Librarians for rooting out the Smedry and Crystal Knights. Good game to Straw, especially, for surviving on his own for so long.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: