3 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Okay as I said I'm kinda curious to see active!Mist, so I'd be willing to change my vote to Xino since they are the other name on the list. Anybody with me?

Your list does seem useful, and I still don't know who to lynch, so I shall vote xino. I would also be amenable to lynching Mist or anyone else that someone could make a solid case for.

11 minutes ago, Gears said:

You pinged everyone and said that if we didn't vote, we would be hammered by the elims.

I guess. Someone would have been killed. Even if there were no votes, someone would have died. I also didn't explicitly say that. I just encouraged people to vote, although my motivation was to prevent an elim hammer. 

Edit: in the spoiler is the post where I pinged people.

There is no minimum vote for the lynch, and in the event of a tie, I will flip a coin or roll the appropriate die until someone dies.

Spoiler
On 7/7/2020 at 8:28 PM, Mist said:

THANK YOU!!! 

We need to vote! Please! Please! Please!

Since I'm on Striker, I'll stay. I haven't seen anything particularly suspicious yet.

Araris, Drake, and TJ have voted.

@DrakeMarshall, would you like to move your vote? It appears to be purely RNG.

@Gears, @Orlok Tsubodai, @StrikerEZ, @Eternum, @Elbereth, @Lord_Silberfarben, @Burnt Spaghetti, @MysticLotus, @The_Truthwatcher, @xinoehp512, @Lahilt@A Windrunner, @Devotary of Spontaneity, @Vapor.

Please vote! Please! Please!

I will poke people vociferously. 

8 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Okay as I said I'm kinda curious to see active!Mist, so I'd be willing to change my vote to Xino since they are the other name on the list. Anybody with me?

I mean, I am. I'd rather lynch someone other than me. I'm not really seeing anything AI from them, though. Xinoeph. I'll see if there is anything that makes me suspicious. 

Edited by Mist

Hmmm. Juggling two games is dangerous. I don't know how you guys do it. I am constantly transporting my suspicions from one game to the other. Oh well.

Everybody is voting on xinoeph, because of TJ. This makes me slightly suspicious of TJ, provided xinoeph doesn't flip elim.

2 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Hey, someone has to start a unified lynch or we lose, TW. 

I know. But I don't have any reads at the moment, and I am clutching at straws. And anybody advocating for a lynch always feels slightly suspicious to me.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

1 hour ago, A Windrunner said:

Devotary of Spontaneity was quick to vote and knew what he wanted, he was persuading people to help him vote people out, I found this suspicious because whenever I'm the killer I try to get in extra kills in the voting and it also makes me look less suspicious.

In this game, not voting means we can instantly lose to the elims voting on the Secretary. We can't afford to get by on the few votes we had at the time I reminded the Lounge PM to cast votes. I voted for Silber because he had more votes than Gears or Araris and didn't want Striker to die D1 again, but I didn't tell anyone who to vote for.

53 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Okay, so I promised I'll look into the players who have played with Araris long enough to fear-kill him so here goes:

I wouldn't have thought Araris the type to role claim an item, but apparently he did and might have gotten killed for it. Do you think that's a more likely reason for his death? There were only I think three other people in the Study at the time, Drake, Vapor and Gears. Any of those three, did Araris claim a useful item, that had an actual mechanical effect? Araris apparently said it was ironic, which could mean just an RP item that related to his cosmetic role.

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I wouldn't have thought Araris the type to role claim an item, but apparently he did and might have gotten killed for it. Do you think that's a more likely reason for his death? There were only I think three other people in the Study at the time, Drake, Vapor and Gears. Any of those three, did Araris claim a useful item, that had an actual mechanical effect? Araris apparently said it was ironic, which could mean just an RP item that related to his cosmetic role.

Hmm, if the item was important enough, it would have been revealed in the write-up, no? Also, Araris did not mention any specific item, so I'm not sure why the elims would be spooked out. Gears revealed the fact that Araris had an item, so if it is the reason, Gears is not likely to be an elim. 

14 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I know. But I don't have any reads at the moment, and I am clutching at straws. And anybody advocating for a lynch always feels slightly suspicious to me.

Yeah, I understand. I was getting a bit worried as less than 24 hrs was remaining and only Drake had voted. 

For now, I will vote [color=red]Xino[/color]. If he flips Village, then I'll be considering a TJ lynch.

Vapor was strolling in the garden looking for clues. People had been starting to think she was the murderer, which was horrifying. She had been forced to sleep in the manor, but she wouldn't resort to mass murder. She needed to find out who did it so she could leave peacefully.

By the way, the introduction in the garden PM has been the same both cycles. Neither of the objects I've found do anything mechanically.

Lumen walked out of the garden. She had plucked fruit from the trees, and greens from the garden. She realized she had been going about this all wrong. She needed to look for evidence, and she'd start with the most recent death. Lord Heron was found in the storeroom, just off the kitchen. Maybe she'd find some clues there. 

Re: Lynching Xinoehp.

I uh. I'm not really one to talk when it comes to making lists of people that are supposed to contain elims. But it usually doesn't work out very well for me.

I don't want to steal steam from a lynch that prevents a hammer, but we do need to be smart about our lynches. Basing one or more lynches on the assumption that we can figure out what the elims were thinking for a D1 kill might not be so swell of an idea, and I'm not seeing a strong reason to lynch xino outside of that reason (although I would still really like to see how @xinoehp512 responds to the votes when they show up).

But yeah me and Gears were I'm pretty sure the only ones who knew Araris claimed to have found something, for what that's worth. Didn't think it really mattered cuz I've found something every cycle and none of it's actually been useful so far, but I guess I could see how it might have been important cuz Araris was keeping whatever he found a secret (and apparently so is Kas, if such an item actually existed). I kinda don't think that elim!Gears woulda announced Araris' claim after he died, though.

For now my vote's staying put, I think.

Has anyone tried to go to a room and failed, yet? I'm curious to know what'd happen if we all voted for the same room. But probably let's not do that cuz it might hurt our chances looking for evidence.

Zachary Holcomb was very perplexed.

He could not remember for the life of him how he managed to end up laying facedown in the gardens with a splitting headache. He suspected the mostly-empty bottle of Talbot's whisky still clutched in one hand had something to do with it. Good stuff.

Folk were abuzz about Lord Heron getting himself iced... Or burned, rather, Zachary supposed. They were gettin' all heated at some loony who shouted at him yesterday and wouldn't give his name, which was well and good, but Zachary wished they'd keep it down. Downright inconsiderate of them. Some of us have headaches.

Curious, though. A dead layabout Oswin suggested a personal feud. A dead Lord Heron suggested a fracas over succession. But what the rusts did they mean put together? Was Oswin in line to inherit any Heron holdings? Surely not, the Oswins were little more than a satellite to the great house. Did someone at the party have it out for the whole Heron family? Maybe, but it weren't obvious who at this eclectic gathering would give a fig about the Herons.

Mayhaps Zachary could do something about that. He drained the last of his bottle and scanned the copy of the Elendel Daily crammed in his pocket.

"Hey, anybody hear about this?" he spoke up loudly. "Herons just opened up a big mining venture in Drypost, allomantic grade metal on the cheap. They say it's s'posed to double their wealth in the next few years, believe it or not. Guess it won't be Aralis what's rakin' in the boxings anymore, though. Wonder what that's about?"

Zachary cast the paper aside and wandered off to find someplace to sit down, keeping his eye on where he left his copy of the Elendel Daily. The "news" he had just announced was significantly blown out of proportion compared to what the paper actually said, but he figured it'd catch the eye of anyone whose eye was on the fate of House Heron. At least, that was the plan.

EDIT2 (come on, please post more so I don't have to keep editing to construct a progressively larger wall of text :P):

53 minutes ago, Vapor said:

For now, I will vote [color=red]Xino[/color]. If he flips Village, then I'll be considering a TJ lynch.

Vapor was strolling in the garden looking for clues. People had been starting to think she was the murderer, which was horrifying. She had been forced to sleep in the manor, but she wouldn't resort to mass murder. She needed to find out who did it so she could leave peacefully.

Hmmm...

Vapor. (@Vapor)

Wish I had a better suspect, but it's a little sus to plan for the lynch you're supporting to be a mislynch, and then have somebody ready to blame for it. It's true that villagers sometimes play the blame game, but it feels like you expect this to be a mislynch and you're still voting for it.

I think this is a better lynch than xino. Xino hasn't even had a chance to respond yet and the reasons for lynching them seem kinda vague and PoE based on a shaky assumption.

Also moving my updated vote tally down here where it's more visible:

Vote Tally
xinoehp512 (4): Gears, Mist, TJ Shade, Vapor
Devotary of Spontaneity (1): A Windrunner
Vapor (1): DrakeMarshall

This tally is made by an automated script, so let me know if there are any mistakes with this tally, and I can fix them so they won't happen again.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

41 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Re: Lynching Xinoehp.

I uh. I'm not really one to talk when it comes to making lists of people that are supposed to contain elims. But it usually doesn't work out very well for me.

I don't want to steal steam from a lynch that prevents a hammer, but we do need to be smart about our lynches. Basing one or more lynches on the assumption that we can figure out what the elims were thinking for a D1 kill might not be so swell of an idea, and I'm not seeing a strong reason to lynch xino outside of that reason (although I would still really like to see how @xinoehp512 responds to the votes when they show up).

But yeah me and Gears were I'm pretty sure the only ones who knew Araris claimed to have found something, for what that's worth. Didn't think it really mattered cuz I've found something every cycle and none of it's actually been useful so far, but I guess I could see how it might have been important cuz Araris was keeping whatever he found a secret (and apparently so is Kas, if such an item actually existed). I kinda don't think that elim!Gears woulda announced Araris' claim after he died, though.

For now my vote's staying put, I think.

Has anyone tried to go to a room and failed, yet? I'm curious to know what'd happen if we all voted for the same room. But probably let's not do that cuz it might hurt our chances looking for evidence.

Zachary Holcomb was very perplexed.

He could not remember for the life of him how he managed to end up laying facedown in the gardens with a splitting headache. He suspected the mostly-empty bottle of Talbot's whisky still clutched in one hand had something to do with it. Good stuff.

Folk were abuzz about Lord Heron getting himself iced... Or burned, rather, Zachary supposed. They were gettin' all heated at some loony who shouted at him yesterday and wouldn't give his name, which was well and good, but Zachary wished they'd keep it down. Downright inconsiderate of them. Some of us have headaches.

Curious, though. A dead layabout Oswin suggested a personal feud. A dead Lord Heron suggested a fracas over succession. But what the rusts did they mean put together? Was Oswin in line to inherit any Heron holdings? Surely not, the Oswins were little more than a satellite to the great house. Did someone at the party have it out for the whole Heron family? Maybe, but it weren't obvious who at this eclectic gathering would give a fig about the Herons.

Mayhaps Zachary could do something about that. He drained the last of his bottle and scanned the copy of the Elendel Daily crammed in his pocket.

"Hey, anybody hear about this?" he spoke up loudly. "Herons just opened up a big mining venture in Drypost, allomantic grade metal on the cheap. They say it's s'posed to double their wealth in the next few years, believe it or not. Guess it won't be Aralis what's rakin' in the boxings anymore, though. Wonder what that's about?"

Zachary cast the paper aside and wandered off to find someplace to sit down, keeping his eye on where he left his copy of the Elendel Daily. The "news" he had just announced was significantly blown out of proportion compared to what the paper actually said, but he figured it'd catch the eye of anyone whose eye was on the fate of House Heron. At least, that was the plan.

EDIT2 (come on, please post more so I don't have to keep editing to construct a progressively larger wall of text :P):

Hmmm...

Vapor. (@Vapor)

Wish I had a better suspect, but it's a little sus to plan for the lynch you're supporting to be a mislynch, and then have somebody ready to blame for it. It's true that villagers sometimes play the blame game, but it feels like you expect this to be a mislynch and you're still voting for it.

I think this is a better lynch than xino. Xino hasn't even had a chance to respond yet and the reasons for lynching them seem kinda vague and PoE based on a shaky assumption.

Also moving my updated vote tally down here where it's more visible:

Vote Tally
xinoehp512 (4): Gears, Mist, TJ Shade, Vapor
Devotary of Spontaneity (1): A Windrunner
Vapor (1): DrakeMarshall

This tally is made by an automated script, so let me know if there are any mistakes with this tally, and I can fix them so they won't happen again.

That's not what I mean. I'm hoping that he flips Elim so we can make some progress, but if he doesn't, which is also possible, then I think TJ is elim. Just sayin' 

Borzen heard the screams even before he landed. He jumped off his carpet and into a run as soon as he landed, shooting a quick glance back with his magnifying glass to turn his carpet back into a sword. Thus armed, he marched into the village to confront whatever was threatening it.

The threat in question turned out to be an ogre. An albino ogre, of all things, clad in dark blue leather. Oddly enough, he didn't seem to be doing anything particularly ogre-y; that is, he wasn't bashing in people's heads, or knocking down houses, or... well, anything really. He was just standing there, oversized club in hand. Talking.
His tirade cut off when Borzen walked in, and he turned to face him. "Ah!" he boomed. "Greetings, newcomer. My name is Alveolus Penrodius Greene Smith V, son of Gedric Felvon Auterius Smith IV, son of..."
Borzen felt an odd sleepiness overtake him as the ogre began to list his lineage. His eyes began to slide shut before he snapped to and shook his head to keep himself alert. He was already asleep. He didn't need to be put to sleep again.
"Fascinating, I'm sure," he said, interrupting the ogre. "But perhaps you could explain why the villagers seem so, er..." he gestured around. "...terrified?"
"Ah, that!" boomed Alveolus. "Funny story, that! You see, I was crossing through Kitchen City looking for a cup of sugar. I was baking a cake for my grandma, who lives in the Garden Wilds, but I'd used up the last of my sugar on a plate of cookies for my next-door neighbor, who's youngest daughter had a birthday party that I'd been invited to-"
"Interesting, I'm sure," cut in Borzen sharply, who eyes had begun to feel heavy again. "But can you just answer the question?"
"Of course!" said Alveolus. "As I was saying, I was going to get a cup of sugar, but nobody seemed to have any. Not my brother's friend Stevious, not my second cousin Dergish, not either of their next door neighbors. In fact, all of their houses were burned to the ground, on account of a dragon coming through the day before and spraying fire everywhere. The city wizard was apparently no help at all, and got burned to a crisp trying to fight him off. Anyways-"
"I'm sorry, what?" said Borzen, frowning. "A dragon?"
"Yes," said Alveolus with a slight tinge of irritation. "But as I was saying-"
"Forget that," said Borzen hurriedly. "Where is the dragon now?"
Alveolus frowned. "Still around that area, likely. I didn't stick around to find out. I had to come here to find a cup of-"
"Thanksnothankssorrygoodbye," said Borzen in a breathless rush, spinning his magnifying glass to turn his sword back into a carpet. "Kitchen City!" he called to the compass on the stern. "And make it snappy- we have a dragon to catch!"
---
Oh dear, I'm being sacrificed. :P What is this list that I'm on that everyone seems to be condemning me for?
4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

That's not what I mean. I'm hoping that he flips Elim so we can make some progress, but if he doesn't, which is also possible, then I think TJ is elim. Just sayin'

Personally I don’t think TJ is Elim. We’ve been chatting a tad in the Study and he seemed pretty Village.

(Edited so no double-post)

Sophia was exhausted. She sat in the study with a lemon soda, ruffling through some of the books and casually sipping her drink. Rust and Ruin, it was late. She normally went to bed around sunset, but the investigators weren’t letting any of them leave until they got to the bottom of who killed lord Talbot.

So Sophia just sat, wishing she had some good tea. Waiting was worse then getting chased by a mountain lion! At least that ended quickly either way.

Edited by MysticLotus

MysticLotus. I'm also in the Study, and the two of you have exchanged very little by way of communication, as I'm sure @TJ Shadewill verify. I'm not sure what to make of it, but your above feels well like it may well be pocketing to me. Please explain how you think what you've said in that PM makes you think he's a villager.

I am going to retract my vote from Devotary of Spontaneity for now:ph34r:. I have looked at who could have wanted the poor old guy dead and decided that drake is dangerous, if anyone wants more of my reasoning just know that I am no longer going to the garden and instead will be going to the study you can ask me questions there.

Edited by A Windrunner

Sorry I haven’t said anything for a bit. Life decided to get messy right around the start of this game, and I haven’t had the mental energy to do much besides skim the threads since the first day, really. I’ve somewhat caught up on things since then, and I’m gonna go ahead and place a vote on Vapor. Something about their posts just seems like they’re trying to hedge their bets as much as possible while also getting a villager mislynched. So they can be like “oh, I was wrong, but I said I might be, so it’s all okay! Let’s lynch this other guy who I said will probably be an elim if this person I had us lynch turns out to be village!” I’m exaggerating obviously, but that’s a bit what it feels like.

Also, I’ll be going to the garden.

2 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

MysticLotus. I'm also in the Study, and the two of you have exchanged very little by way of communication, as I'm sure @TJ Shadewill verify. I'm not sure what to make of it, but your above feels well like it may well be pocketing to me. Please explain how you think what you've said in that PM makes you think he's a villager

Oh, I just thought that a Elim would be much less likely to be communicating on the room threads, because it would be one more thing to be watching what your saying while a Village would just be like ‘yeah I’ll chat a bit’

Its also because I was suspicious of TJ last round and I feel guilty about going after them so hard.

I think I’ll put a vote down for Vapor. I think a lot of other people’s reasoning is fairly decent, although it’s hard because we have so little to go off at this point.

Also Sophia dosn’t Vapor, so I’ll just toss my vote down their.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by MysticLotus

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sorry I haven’t said anything for a bit. Life decided to get messy right around the start of this game, and I haven’t had the mental energy to do much besides skim the threads since the first day, really. I’ve somewhat caught up on things since then, and I’m gonna go ahead and place a vote on Vapor. Something about their posts just seems like they’re trying to hedge their bets as much as possible while also getting a villager mislynched. So they can be like “oh, I was wrong, but I said I might be, so it’s all okay! Let’s lynch this other guy who I said will probably be an elim if this person I had us lynch turns out to be village!” I’m exaggerating obviously, but that’s a bit what it feels like.

Also, I’ll be going to the garden.

That's what others have been saying too. I'm just adding on what I think. It's hard to vote when most of it is RP. I'm doing what I can and think, and for now that's enough.

22 minutes ago, MysticLotus said:

Oh, I just thought that a Elim would be much less likely to be communicating on the room threads, because it would be one more thing to be watching what your saying while a Village would just be like ‘yeah I’ll chat a bit’

Its also because I was suspicious of TJ last round and I feel guilty about going after them so hard.

I think I’ll put a vote down for Vapor. I think a lot of other people’s reasoning is fairly decent, although it’s hard because we have so little to go off at this point.

That's what I think about my vote. Other reasoning is what persuaded me.

25 minutes ago, MysticLotus said:

Quite the opposite often - PMs allow communication without village scrutiny. Indeed, they offer a fantastic opportunity for manipulation or pocketing. I'm content to leave my vote be for now, but shall note that I am staying in the Study.