Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

5 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

We also haven't seen Fifth, Veyntl, or Burnt and I know they're usually more active. I'd consider a poke vote on them later on potentially as well. 

More active in PM's maybe :P but even then, I got old man :P Being active requires energy :P Poke votes are welcomed tho, please make me participate in thread :P

1 minute ago, Biplet said:

Where's the :thonk: emote when you need it? Interesting you're outright saying you want people, specifically coinshots, to pm claim to you. Though I don't think an elim would be so bold outright. Who knows though... suspicious.

Thonkkkk.png.b504c912cab4dc5e99a8452474b6abae.png

Saltpeter production had taken way too long today. After Leas Fel's death a little over a week ago, obtaining the requisite nitric acid had become much more difficult, even though the man had been killed by a spike with no hints of acid being involved. Nevertheless, Sonnah had to work the old fashioned way, collecting bat guano from the nearest caves to crystallise, which had still taken her out of town for days since outsiders coming into the village had been discouraged. They'd come back right after Bartholomew's death, but decided to ignore this latest victim in favor of working on the explosives for their Terris contacts who had already been waiting long enough. They were afraid of new travel restrictions being imposed with the second spike murder, but hopefully she'd still be able to smuggle the explosives out to the dropoff point when she was done with them.

12 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Personally, I disagree with this, because I'd rather have a seeker be able to confirm a villager instead of avoiding vote manip. Because if you are voting on a elim, the odds that you specifically going to be vote maniped is rather slim.

Someone voting on an elim could easily be a target for an elim soother or rioter, in which case a coppercloud would be helpful. Village smokers usually get thrown in so that smoker != evil, and in this game vanillagers would ensure that vanilla village != smoked.

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Elim Seekers starting these is also an enormous danger, as unlikely as that is, because they can pocket as many villagers as they want and kill them at their leisure. And it can be really hard to tell them from village Seekers. #AG4flashbacks)

That's why you shouldn't trust a claimed seeker who hasn't found an elim. A seeker who outs and causes the exe of an elim isn't guaranteed to a villager, but it's more likely. Before that, there's no reason to assume that someone who knows your role is a villager.

Important Announcement/Reminder:

I managed to confuse myself when posting the write-up. Please note that the current Turn ends at 2300hrs SGT (GMT+8) on Sunday, 28th February - rollover lasts an hour, and the Night Turn should be expected up at around 0000hrs SGT (GMT+8) on Monday, 1st March. This is as sign-ups ended at 2300hrs SGT on 26th February.

Apologies for the confusion. Midnight and anti-pyretics were trippy for me :P

Please resume your usual Inquisition.

2 hours ago, Experience said:

Stick: 

1. Sounds like they trust striker more than pyro and matrim. 

2. More talking about pyro’s comment on role madness. 

3. Was going to vote on books, but didn’t because their newer. Slightly suspicious of reading. 

4. Thinks that the coinshot shouldn’t kill until N2 because not enough interaction to be worth it. 

5. Asks gears if he wrote the role analysis before the game. NAI. 

6. NAI

7. Votes on books, supposedly partly because Illwei’s vote on them. 

8. Claims village vanilla, still not sure about books. 

9. Takes vote off of books because of illweis suspicion. Hmmmm. Hmmmmmm. This seems like an elim too quick to please. Or mayyyyybe a villager too quick to please.

10. NAI

11. NAI about whether stink sends a pm to illwei or no

1. At this point I probably trust pyro and striker about the same amount, although I'm a bit sceptical about Matrim now that I know they're reading me village - I'm paranoid and it feels like poketing :P 

3. Not Books, you mean Randby

7. What leads you to believe illwei's vote had anything to do with it? :P I provided reasoning for my vote right below the actual vote

8. I'm sure you realise that was a joke :-P 

9. The reason I took the vote off Books was because I didn't want to tunnel - I know that can get annoying :P I explicitly said so. I remain suspicious of Books and would not mind lynching them if enough people agree to. However, focusing on one player limits discussion and doesn't provide a lot of info to analyse later in the game which is why I think it's a good idea to express multiple reads - make the thread  s p i c y  yknow what im saying.

Vote Count:

Reading (1): Araris 
Striker (2): Pyro, Matrim
Stick (2): Illwei, Experience
Illwei (3): Quinn, Mailliw, Striker
Quinn (1): Dannex
Pyro(1): Bard

I'm not feeling super great about illwei, but I hesitate to vote on her because she's the leading vote right now with three votes and if she were an elim I would expect more people coming in to defend her. Granted, there's still a lot of time left till the end of turn so perhaps I'm quick to judge. If we were near the end of the turn right now, I would be almost certainly be convinced that she's village. Right now, though, it's iffy.

About Dannex...This post right here set of elim alarms in my head, particularly this bit:

Spoiler

Hello I am here. No real thoughts yet, but the very sudden train on Striker seems a bit weird to me.

But later on they go to say this:

Spoiler

I would be very surprised if the Elims don't have a smoker, it seems like a very Elim-oriented role. How would a Vill smoker even use the role? Copperclouding other players seems like it would be generally a bad idea for a Vill smoker, am I wrong?

Which I feel is something that they would've asked in their doc, were they an elim. But IKYK possible yes.

Overall I'm leaning slight village I think.

I'm currently reading Quinn as village as well - it's mostly just gut, but also this:

9 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Matrim: village for the sort-of-mindmeld thing with Striker (I read Striker's post, thought it sus, and then continued and realized that Matrim and Pyro had seen it too) as well as for his elim read of me, curiously enough XD because village!Matrim has a history of misreading village!me over little stuff like D1 votes and D1 fake-claims and D1... well, basically everything in D1 lol. 

It just seems like a very village train-of-thought. I don't see an elim being so passively confident in their false village identity that they go ahead and read other players village purely for sharing a mind-meld moment.

8 hours ago, Experience said:

I don’t know, but my opinion is that you shouldn't ignore when your suspicious of someone.

I'm only ignoring it because it's a special case. It's not a read I can trust, and I know that :P 

Doesn’t want to repeat immediate misexe on stiker. If striker turns elim, some sus is on mat imo.

._.

Ok. I'm going to vote on... Stick. It seems to be as if they are doing too much to not stand out, and changed their voting around with books at any slight questioning from it. Next on my list right now include Quinn and Maill. 

I'm surprised you didn't vote Quinn first, based on your notes.

Quinn:

1. Agrees with Reading’s elim number of 6 or 7, asks if there could be regular village spiked.

2. Leaning more towards 7 elims

3. Votes on striker, because of their vote on gears. This just feels off to me, and gives me slight elim-vibes. 

4. Says that matrim should be suspicious of her when he reads her as village. This also seems off. 

5. Forgot about her elim games… :/

6. Thinks that a villager would be careful not to give misinformation… this seems like shes not dropping what seems like a simple villager mistake. Leaning more elim. 

7. NAI/maybe slight elim

8. Changes vote to illwei because of stuff they said. Also says that they have a PM with Illwei. 

9. Points out that smokers block vote manip. 

10. Staying out of the mat vote dance D1. 

11. Claims elim rioter. -----_____----- Ummm. This seems like something an elim would say that would normally be way too elimy for an elim to say. Sus. Veryyyyyyyyyy sus. 

12. Knew that dannex would vote on that…. More joking about being elim. 

13. Apparently decided to vote on striker and told mat this through pm. 

14. Still reads illwei as elim. 

15. WIFIM=IKYK

16. Tells what the mafia slang means. 

17. Vote count. Reads on players. Books and illwei as only partial elim reads. 

18. Clarifying what matrim’s ‘that’ was. 

19. Says pyros post about opposite sus is something she would say. 

20. NAI joking with pyro. 

21. Thinks maill is pocketing her. 

22. Lets go of it right away. Hmmm. 

23. Asks why striker thinks her and other two are sus. 

24. Doesn’t want to die because of bad vibes. Claims that strikers is the same reason that she thought books was sus. 

25. Claims bipelt is elim, probably trying to trip them up. 

26. NAI stuff about joining SE. 

27. NAI rank/title confusion. 

28. Wants to trust Illwei. Uh-oh :P

29. NAI

4. This was a joke <_< does no one understand emojis? Seriously? C'mon, people, this happened in the MR toooo
5. Also a joke.
6. That... isn't what I meant? Books had said that an elim wouldn't post anything that they knew had fallacious or incorrect arguments in it (which btw is not true, I've definitely done that before on purpose). I responded by saying that a villager wouldn't do that specific thing either.
7. Just go with NAI : P if it looks NAI from me then it probably is.
10. alsoooo a joke, referencing the start of the last LG. I'm not going to ignore that discussion if it continues seriously.
11. This. Is. A. Joke. hhhhhh please, just assume from now on that anything I say that has a :P or :) or ;) in it is a joke, because it is.
12. Also mostly a joke? But seriously, that reaction from Dannex didn't surprise me at all. Made me laugh because it is a very Dannex thing to say.
13. I voted on Striker, and then Mat PMd me asking me why I had to always make him read me elim or something like that. So I explained the vote.
17. It's D1, of course they're partial elim reads.
22. It was a moment of paranoia that went away once Maill explained. Okay? 
24. Okay but seriously, v!me has legitimately died because of bad vibes before, and it's not a pleasant experience.
25. that wasn't what I meannnnttttt. What I meant was "hey, you're doing a lot better in your first game than I did in mine!" because that was legitimately a thing I did in my first game

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm surprised you didn't vote Quinn first, based on your notes.

Yeah, actually so am I lol

Also, would note that Matrim's "reads-list" feels odd to me. iirc Mat normally just does a list labeling everyone null or null village or mild elim or whatnot. What's with the "Tiers of whether I'd exe these people or not"? Feels hedgy to me :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Also, would note that Matrim's "reads-list" feels odd to me. iirc Mat normally just does a list labeling everyone null or null village or mild elim or whatnot. What's with the "Tiers of whether I'd exe these people or not"? Feels hedgy to me :ph34r:

I can do that if you want :P. What's wrong with changing it up? I included my reads in that tier thing for that reason, and did the tier thing in the first place because it's D1, my suspicions aren't that clear/focused, and in your case, don't actually line up with the tiers. I felt it was more clear.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I can do that if you want :P. What's wrong with changing it up? I included my reads in that tier thing for that reason, and did the tier thing in the first place because it's D1, my suspicions aren't that clear/focused, and in your case, don't actually line up with the tiers. I felt it was more clear.

Hmmm this is true why am I complaining? I'm in the second tier, after all, even though you elim-read me...

5 minutes ago, Tani said:

I vote that we don’t vote today. We’re more likely to kill a Villager than we are to kill a Spiked.

This is a discussion that gets brought up every game--the reason that we vote on the first day is that this way, we have information to analyze on the second. If we don't vote someone off now, then on D2 we won't be much better off than we are now, and the elims will have had a chance to kill someone. Also, the D1 exe does catch elims on occasion (including myself, once : P)

8 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

This is a discussion that gets brought up every game--the reason that we vote on the first day is that this way, we have information to analyze on the second. If we don't vote someone off now, then on D2 we won't be much better off than we are now, and the elims will have had a chance to kill someone. Also, the D1 exe does catch elims on occasion (including myself, once : P)

Ok.

Matrim's Dice. You can never trust a trickster.

4 minutes ago, Tani said:

Ok.

Matrim's Dice. You can never trust a trickster.

._.

Obviously a vote with no substance, so there's nothing to say here :P Reasoning behind votes is preferable, though.

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

._.

Obviously a vote with no substance, so there's nothing to say here :P Reasoning behind votes is preferable, though.

No info, no substance. :)

Actually, lets do this:

Matrim's Dice

Quintessential

Edited by Tani
Just because.

10 minutes ago, Tani said:

No info, no substance. :)

Actually, lets do this:

Matrim's Dice

Quintessential

I mean, I’m all for playing with just sheer chaos in my mind, but do you have any reasoning for voting on Quinn? :P

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I’m all for playing with just sheer chaos in my mind, but do you have any reasoning for voting on Quinn? :P

Because she said we should kill someone off today.

Feel free to Riot or Soothe my vote.

Edited by Tani
Because I wanted to add stuff.

6 minutes ago, Tani said:

Feel free to Riot or Soothe my vote.

Already done! :P

6 minutes ago, Tani said:

Yes, well, when I said that I didn't have me in mind specifically <_< but sure, I suppose I'm as good a pick as anyone. Though if we're not careful there won't be a D1 exe, because currently Illwei has 3 votes and me, Striker, and Stick all have 2. It wouldn't exactly take much for that to become a tie : P

6 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Though if we're not careful there won't be a D1 exe, because currently Illwei has 3 votes and me, Striker, and Stick all have 2. It wouldn't exactly take much for that to become a tie : P

I actually kinda love how the votes are so close together - this would make for a very interest end-of-turn :ph34r: Unless all three of us are village, in which case it'd just be sad :P 

Anyway Tani's votes are fascinating to say the least, but ngl I'm not receiving great vibes :P 

edit: all four*

Edited by _Stick_

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to break character to point out that we just had a discussion about grinching folks who talk a lot early in the game, and here everyone is voting on Quinn, Ilwei, Matrim and Striker (also Stick and Pyro, who are both on their first game back from long hiatuses).

This is true. But like. We're all kinda voting on each other? XD if that makes sense. We early actives tend to form our opinions of other early actives before our opinions of anyone else... which is probably part of the problem : P I am genuinely more sus of Illwei than anyone else, for example, but ig you're right that that could be because she's talking a lot. idk...

37 minutes ago, Tani said:

We should :P 

24 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Anyway Tani's votes are fascinating to say the least, but ngl I'm not receiving great vibes :P 

How paranoid does it make you if I say that I've literally been thinking this

25 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to break character to point out that we just had a discussion about grinching folks who talk a lot early in the game, and here everyone is voting on Quinn, Ilwei, Matrim and Striker (also Stick and Pyro, who are both on their first game back from long hiatuses).

I don't really wanna go all contribution crusade, though. IMO this is better, as long as it like doesn't get out of hand.