Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I just read through all three (3) of TWS's posts, and I wouldn't be opposed to exe'ing them (I've thus far included them in all my elim team guesses in-thread, I'm pretty sure). Although I don't think I wanna do that while they're not around to defend themself, so I'm not voting this turn.

This is my concern as well. It becomes a tough matter of would you rather just kill someone you don't think is evil but has had time to defend themselves, or take a risk and stab someone in the back. Doesn't feel as fair but. Life is conflict. Risk... Sometimes we need to take a risk in life and as stink said, everything you've already done in the game should be your defence. If you've not done anything, can you really defend yourself at all. You can certainly try but it's gonna be much harder unless you take the opportunity to be like "yeah so btw I'm the seeker sooo mayyybe don't..?"

Hm. I dunno. Bah whys cycle almost over I need more time to think >>

I don't like the idea of going after TWS right now because we'll learn far less than we would even if we exe village!Maill/Quinn

EDIT: Unless TWS is an elim, but I don't have much reason to think that right now

Edited by Elandera

Vote Count:
Maill (5) - TWS, Matrim, Quinn, Tani, Biplet
Quinn (4) - Araris, Elan, STINK, Devotary
Dannex (2) - Illwei, Fifth
TWS (1) - TJ Shade

Sigh.

Realistically. A third option is just simply not feasible. Either Maill or Quinn will be shreked. It will be so. 

So. If I had to choose of the two. If I had to choose, if I had to choose... its a tie. If I had to choose (if i had to choose)... Its up to my pm interactions. If I had to choose if i HAD to choose... Mailliw or Quinn... 

Bah. 

Quinn has my vote.

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

see now Im content. I don't want a tie. But, now that we're at a tie 5 minutes before end of turn, the vote manip orders (which I assume must've already been sent), will make it so we dont, in fact, have a tie. I hope.

Cuz a tie just means we have to do this all over again and...Im getting tired just thinking about it xD

I thnk both are village, but if we dont exe someone now we're stuck in the same place

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It’s 6:55 in the morning, I logic-ed two-three votes off of myself and now I’m nervous...

I am not surprise exeing Dannex again :P and both he and TWS tell us almost nothing as far as I can tell. Possible Coinshot targets for later.

This is... not where I want to tie it. Much vote manip inbound. But I don’t know which one I trust more...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Just now, _Stick_ said:

see now Im content. I don't want a tie. But, now that we're at a tie 5 minutes before end of turn, the vote manip orders (which I assume must've already been sent), will make it so we dont, in fact, have a tie. I hope.

Cuz a tie just means we have to do this all over again and...Im getting tired just thinking about it xD

I thnk both are village, but if we dont exe someone now we're stuck in the same place

ngl this is what i'm hoping to see as well. Let it be a surprise! Isnt that fun :P 

Once I called you brother
Once I thought the chance
To make you laugh
Was all I ever wanted

[He called the cycle half-way mark
He sent the Kas votes raining down]

And even now I wish that MR1
Had chose another 
Serving as your foe on that dark day
Was the last thing that I wanted

[I answer all the questions asked
In every PM and in thread]

This was my game
All this trolling and confusion
How it tortures me inside
All the players who must suffer
From our feud that never dies

You who I called brother
How could you again betray me so?
Is this what you wanted?

[I stop the posts, I end the Turn]

Now let all the votes be counted
No matter where this cycle's voting goes
This will still be so
I will never let those five kills go.

• STINK locked this topic

Night Three: Mourning Has Broken

“‘Twas in another lifetime
One of toil and blood
Where blackness was a virtue
The road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness
A creature void of form
“Come in,” she said, “I’ll give ya
Shelter from the storm.”

—’Shelter From The Storm’, Bob Dylan

Everyone has a breaking point.

Ever found yourself working a case you didn’t really want to?

I’ve had those days. Sometimes you get up in the morning and you don’t feel anything, just empty. Sometimes the thought of going back to that tiny grey box they called an office in the precinct, drinking a cup of cold tea that barely tastes like dried leaves in thick canal water and staring at those case files just makes you feel empty and hollow and flat. 

It’s the same old story, each time. Another stabbing, another assault, another robbery. Same old sad human tragedies writing themselves again and again across different lives. You’d think we’d learn. And how do you really explain to the distraught ma that her daughter floating face-down in the canal isn’t anything to write home about? People ice each other all the time, and you see enough of them it becomes routine. It’s easy to sink into complacency. Just another face. Just another name. 

Compartmentalisation, the sergeant called it, back in the precinct. You do what you have to, because you can’t feel the weight of each stabbing, each assault, each theft. Carrying it all with you will feck you up. And if I had a clip for each sob story that hits my desk, I’d be the wealthiest man in Tremredare. 

I didn’t have that luxury in Fallion’s Tears. Village that small, everyone knows everyone, more or less. Each person iced was someone with a name, a face and a history I knew, even if in passing. You can’t afford personal, though. Not when icing someone, and not when trying to figure out who iced them. 

Wyl was pretty dead on his feet though. Walked right into our office and collapsed on that old sofa right away. Dark circles around his eyes, so he’d probably stayed up all night. I figured he was pushing himself hard. Probably too hard, but I made some good strong tea and he revived a little. Enough to drink it and get back into gear for the day. Couldn’t last, but sometimes you just do what you can. I knew the killings were eating at him. That’s Wyl for you. Ice cold bastard as far as the precinct’s concerned, but work with him long enough and you’ll see that flash of decency at his core. He didn’t like it that the bodies were starting to pile up, and I couldn’t blame him. I didn’t like it myself, either.

I wasn’t feeling this set of cases, but I wasn’t going to tell Wyl that. I didn’t want him to be disappointed, I suppose. I just felt tired, and wrung out. Like the thin grey mist that came in through the shutters at night, a little before dawn. I guess I was staying in today because it felt important. It felt like duty. It felt like what Wyl would do, and what a good man would do. That’s what I told myself, anyway, as I tried to find the focus I needed to go over the case details all over again, and work over the information that had come in.

“Hey,” I said. “Be a pity if you drowned in the tea, you know.”

“Yeah,” Wyl said. And then, “Three more last night.”

I stared at him, aghast. Three more? That was one hell of an escalation, if our killers were taking down this many.

“I think there’s two Coinshots in this village,” Wyl added, frowning down at his tea. He was on his third mug by this point. “Came across them last night.”

“Three Coinshots?” I demanded. I set the mug down first, at least. I didn’t really want to be replacing yet another one, though the tea slopped over the edge a little. Nobody’s perfect, and I sure wasn’t nobody. “Three in a godforsaken village in the arse-end of the Western Dominance?” You couldn’t even throw a stone and hit that many in the noble district in Tremredare.

Wyl cocked an eyebrow. “Yeah,” he said. “Exactly.”

“Right,” I said. “So you were patrolling and you ran into two Coinshots, just like that?”

“Yeah,” said Wyl. “One of them killed Shard, I think. Other one went for Pie Roayong.” I winced. Shard was suspicious, yeah. Clearly on the take from someone—I hadn’t figured out who. Roayong though? That was rough, especially when the kid had just lost his father. Maybe someone had a grudge against that family? I thought again about Roayong’s strangely flat emotional responses. Maybe he was processing it. He’d been hanging out around the baker’s though. Or maybe he wasn’t a fan of his father, after all. It wouldn’t be the first time I’d seen a kid put on a brave face and insist they really cared, even though their parent’s death meant nothing to them. “Thiriel though was knifed. Same MO as before. Coinshots were fighting it out, so I didn’t get between them.”

Wise decision, as far as I was concerned. Sure, if you ran into a bunch of dockworkers brawling it out in the slums with rusty pipes and broken bottles, it wasn’t strictly-speaking legal, but telling them as much was suicide and I liked my skull uncracked and my blood and my guts right where they were. Better to make a note of them and come back, or get support if it was the sort of thing likely to boil over.

“Goddamnit,” I said. He looked at me oddly, as though sensing something was off. Bloody bastard’s usually been too perceptive for his own good.

I didn’t feel it, right now. I felt tired, I guess. Maybe it had been personal but I’d hit the point I couldn’t make myself care less. I did it because it was what I did. What I’d been doing, ever since Wyl Speirs found me bleeding out into the gutter that day and dragged me into that Watch of his.

Everyone has a breaking point. The trick is not to push yourself until you stumble into it.

And if you do?

You just hang tough, try to muddle along the best you can. You show up to that tiny grey cubicle, or that same old office you’ve rented out for seven years, and stare at the cases again, even if your heart isn’t in it.

Because the world doesn’t care about how you feel. And neither do perps. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is just getting up in the morning.

TOm0ZbngRWtwzU71vpK5nQzxEAWIETZ_bXkcSCtm85rd5vJIX_Up1IPtQmzK7bpx3WkOPEk2OGDIRv8-ZCNhdn0J1x5IQqGPqotTe1bjL0V9NGDxA2uR9pl7Z_FllXNzXmqsJckx

Kast had wanted to talk to the village moneylender, see if there was anything Clanal knew about either Bart or Leas Fel, or any of their latest vics, but Wyl was set on talking to one of the two resident metallurgists in Fallion’s Tears, Tesse Mourn. 

Sometimes, Clanal unsettled Kast. He supposed it was the power Clanal held over the lives of everyone in the village. People confessed things to their bartender and their moneylender. A loan from Clanal made the difference between starving from a bad harvest, or failing to pay off Arenta in time. Failing to pay off Arenta in time was never a good thing.

Privately, Kast admitted he thought Arenta could relax her strictness on payments sometimes. They’d struggled to pay the rent some months when the cases were thin. Though things had been less dire these couple years, he still remembered those months they’d thought they’d be evicted onto the street. Wyl’d had his views on landlords, and the way they put the squeeze on the working man. They’d talked about it sometime on patrol, and Kast supposed he could see it, though he’d never really thought about it that way.

The docks of Tremredare were stained with ash and soot, hulking structures of steel and timber as dockworkers loaded and unloaded the barges that came in, carrying trade goods from Fadrex and the other cities along the canals. Some of them would proceed further up the Mir, towards the formidable mountain ranges on the border of the Western Dominance. But the docks. It was where you saw incredible wealth entering Tremredare, and the tired, beaten-down expressions of the skaa in rough workman’s clothes who unloaded those barges.

It was why he’d never settled for a life working the docks. Why he’d fallen in instead with Waes and the others. Why he’d met her. He hadn’t wanted to settle for mediocrity and poverty.

Even in Fallion’s Tears, you knew when the houses became more worn down, the streets more poorly-maintained. And Arenta kept her ledgers and accounts meticulously. Something Kast’d have expected from landlords in Tremredare, rather than in Fallion’s Tears. How much stayed the same, the more things changed. Now they were looking into the matter of a bunch of deaders again, same as any grey day in the precinct in Tremredare. 

He shoved the thoughts away before they could feed the tired hollow in his chest and focused on where they were going. Pain stabbed into his leg with each step as he limped down the streets towards Mourn’s metallurgist shop. Tesse Mourn. Kast’d never really crossed paths with her. Hadn’t reason to, really. He wondered idly what sort of business a metallurgist made in a small village like Fallion’s Tears. He imagined she’d need some kind of hustle, just to stay afloat. Mistings weren’t all that common, and even in a village full of secrets as Fallion’s Tears, Kast had often wondered how she and Dayle Palladiel managed to stay out of the red.

“Clip for your thoughts?” Kast asked, lightly.

“Hope she’s in,” Wyl said. “Getting too old to stand around all day and wait for someone to show up.”

“Getting too tired to do basic investigative work? Old man, I never thought I’d hear you admit you need to retir—oh, feck.” A crowd was beginning to form outside of the shop. Kast drew to a halt and swore quietly. 

As far as he could tell, a mob was surrounding Marll the cobbler, accusing him of being behind the recent killings. Decent man, Kast supposed, if a little too fond of gambling. Had a past though. Didn’t they all? Kast wasn’t really about to cast stones, here. Others were beginning to talk about Tesse Mourn. Willie’d seen her disappearing a lot in the past months, as he was telling the others, carrying boxes and bundles. And always, always careful to not be watched.

Lord Ruler save them from inquisitive and gossiping neighbours, for he certainly had not saved Tesse Mourn.

Some of the volunteer militia were already there, milling about and looking confused. Wyl was talking to them, gesturing at the crowd. Basic crowd control work, Kast supposed, though of course the militia wasn’t used to it. Some of them he knew to be ex-garrison, but garrison work was completely different from Watch work, and it showed in how they held themselves, how they nervously tried to ignore the swords at their sides. Erik, at least, seemed more at ease despite the responsibility that had been thrust upon him.

Kast shoved his way through the crowd of muttering villagers and headed right for the door to the shop. There was a flat right above it, but he figured that the fact a crowd of upset villagers were on her doorstep hadn’t escaped Mourn.

He hammered on the door. 

No response. Kast hadn’t really expected one. He saw the shadow shift beneath the crack where door met doorframe. 

“I know you’re in there,” Kast called out. “Honestly, I’d much rather just ask you some questions. And as long as you aren’t about to knife me, I can’t see a reason why we can’t just have a chat, and then Wyl and I can leave, while the crowd finds something better to do with their time.”

There was a sigh. Finally, he heard the sound of bolts slipping back and the door opened a crack. Tesse Mourn looked wary, haunted, and stressed, perhaps that was the best way to describe it. He didn’t blame her. Hard to keep her cool with a mob on their door, and bad memories of the riot in the village square. 

“We’re closed for the day,” she said, briskly.

“You want to have this conversation out here?” Kast asked her, bluntly. “‘Cause Wyl came by last night to talk to you and you weren’t in. And Willie says you’ve been out a lot, many a night. Irregular times, too. And being very careful to try to avoid being followed. Guess Willie sees everything, though.”

He saw the flicker in her expression. Uncertainty, perhaps. That crease between her brows suggested a level of concern Kast found strange. Maybe it was because it was directed at him, rather than the mob outside. What made her more concerned about him?

“My only interest right now is finding out who’s behind the killings,” he told her. “Everyone has secrets in this village, it seems, and I’m not interested in looking for anything that isn’t related to the Spiked.” She flinched at that word. Kast picked up on that. It was a term he and Wyl had started to use to refer to the killers, if only because Kast didn’t see how you went about making or trying to make a Hemalurgic spike if you didn’t know what you were doing. Intent was extremely important. And then you probably had a couple of spikes yourself.

“You know something about them, don’t you?”

“Detective,” she began.

“Ain’t been one in years,” said Kast. “I’ve laid my cards on the table, as it were. I have no quarrel with you, unless you’re one of them. The Spiked. And if you aren’t the one that’s been icing people in Fallion’s Tears, or helping people do it, then I think we can help each other, seeing as there’s an angry mob on your door.”

He almost had her. He knew it. But something in what he said had struck a nerve, and that hint of cooperation nearly vanished entirely, like a wisp of smoke in the night air. “You’re reaching,” she said, coldly.

Kast shrugged, in a ‘you-tell-me’ gesture. It’d been years since he’d forced a door, but he wasn’t interested in doing so again, if he didn’t have to. His leg hated him, these days. “Here’s something for you to think about, then. Suppose you’ve helped them, in some way. Ain’t saying you did, but I reckon that explains why you’re so jumpy, why you’re this close to locking me out entirely. How long d’you reckon you can barricade yourself in there before they decide to cut off all loose ends before you can rat them out?”

“I wouldn’t!” Mourn cried out, and then clapped a hand to her mouth.

“Thought so,” said Kast, quietly. “You want to let me in? I think we can talk about this.”

mNMGcgW7OLQIFmiY5Vt7Fdo7hwYScZMaoMaViS3UGMJRtWCY-0fDDn7R10fYwfqLQR-G8CwCcwZC0UGGO-rYKSOmR4CRynQuHU39btvxBNezQPq66rqPcoe048_MHuvuzzZzNkn6

Gleaming spikes lay on a soft woolen cloth on the kitchen table, all of them well-crafted, all of them lethal. She’d used various metals too, Kast noticed. As far as he could work out, she’d made steel and bronze spikes, and even the elusive gold. Must’ve cost a fortune, which of course likely meant that whoever Mourn’s clients were, they were also paying her a fortune.

Mourn sat at the kitchen table, her face buried in her arms. “I was so stupid,” she groaned, quietly. 

“Dunno about that,” said Wyl. “I’ve seen worse. You at least haven’t been helping them put the spikes in others, have you?” Kast caught the sharpness in the last question.

Mourn sat bolt upright, as though he’d rammed one of the spikes through her instead. “Don’t you dare suggest it,” she snapped back, and Kast found himself mildly impressed by the steel in her. “I took the boxings for a job well done. I’m no murderer.”

“Job well done that’s helping them whack other villagers,” pressed Wyl. “You aren’t the saint here, miss.” 

“And you think your hands are clean, Detective? The whole of Fallion’s Tears has heard about what you did to Variel!”

“Died trying to kill me,” Kast said. “If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather stay alive. Would’ve been better not to ice him, but far as I’m concerned, better him than me. Never claimed to be a good man, neither.”

"Why did you do it?” Wyl demanded. “Why take their money? Why craft the spikes?”

Mourn looked down at her hands and sighed. “How much do you think being a metallurgist pays, Detective?”

“Probably not so good, unless most of Fallion’s Tears are secretly Mistings,” Kast said. It was something he’d thought about, more than once. “Especially with Palladiel in town too. I bet you take orders from some of the surrounding villages, maybe even Tremredare.”

Mourn nodded. “The Mourns have had a metallurgist’s shop in Fallion’s Tears for ages, but we’ve always had bad months, and what with Arenta’s latest demands…” she shook her head. “But that’s getting ahead of myself. They offered boxings. And I needed the money, and making spikes didn’t seem all that hard, and I didn’t know they were going to kill people with them.”

“What did you think the spikes were for?” Wyl demanded. 

“I didn’t ask,” Mourn said. “I didn’t want to know.”

“That’s why you didn’t know,” Kast said. “Hard to do much with a spike that doesn’t involve killing someone first.” He wrenched his mind free of the bloodied safehouse, focused on the worn grain of the kitchen table. “You didn’t want to know.” He said it simply. He understood that sentiment, except now they knew that Tesse Mourn had been supplying their killers with spikes. Wyl simply looked both appalled and weary. “Why’d you need the boxings?”

“What do you know about the Eleventh Metal?” 

“Legend, if it’s even true,” Kast replied, at once. “Every metallurgist in any large city will claim to have rediscovered the Eleventh Metal.”

Mourn’s eyes burned and she thrust her jaw out. “There’s lots of talk about it. I was working to find it. Countless nights and afternoons, just blending various metals to try to find a workable alloy. The hardest part is testing it, but I know a patron who knows a willing Mistborn.”

Kast blinked. “Are you saying—”

“Yes. I am.”

“Huh,” said Kast, taken aback. There had always been rumours of the elusive Eleventh Metal. He’d never paid them much heed, although she and Waes had spent a decent amount of time trying to break down that wall. In any case, he was no Mistborn, and though he understood a little of the appeal behind the quest for that metal, he didn’t really feel particularly impressed.

But this metallurgist. Tesse Mourn. She was claiming to have done something that metallurgists had, by repute, been cracking their heads over for ages. 

“That’s all you have to say about it?”

“It’s impressive. If it’s real.”

“It’s stable,” said Tesse. “It acts like a metal, at the very least. It’s the first time I’ve had such a good result in forever. And I’m hoping word will come from Tremredare about the results.”

“The killers,” Wyl prodded again. “How did you begin supplying them with spikes?”

“One of them approached me,” Tess said. “Hooded, so no, I don’t know who they were. They told me about their specifications. I thought they were joking. Good boxings for spikes? Dropping them off at various points across the village? I had easy access to metals anyway. I’d have been a fool not to take it.”

“And now, here you are,” Kast pointed out, quietly. 

“So I am,” Tesse said. Hard not to miss the resentment in her eyes. “Here to judge me more, Detective?”

“Not my job,” Kast said. “You’ll probably want to get your things. Take only what you absolutely must. Hide your boxings. And give us directions to where you make the drops.”

“What?” Tesse exclaimed.

“What?” Wyl snapped.

Kast looked at both of them. “You’re fools if you don’t think they were coming for her anyway,” he said, simply. “Any criminal group worth their steel will think she’s broken, ratted them out. She was finished the moment the mob showed up at her door, if they aren’t egging them on. Maybe our Rioter is out there.” Tesse had indicated she didn’t know of any Rioter who purchased zinc from her, and had grudgingly allowed Wyl a copy of her transaction ledgers. “We can’t keep her safe. We’re not bodyguards, and last thing you want or I want or she wants is for her to end up iced and dumped somewhere. She’s better off leaving yesterday.” To Tesse, he said, “You have friends in Tremredare, you mentioned. Find a bolthole, stay there for a while. Either we’ll sort this out here, or well.”

“Well?”

“You hope that they’re happy enough with having whacked most Fallion’s Tears,” Wyl said, grimly. “And if they just want to keep you from talking, maybe you leaving the village ain’t a bad idea. Kast has some daft ones but this isn’t half bad. If they don’t want loose ends on general principle, maybe you get used to looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.”

“This isn’t fair. My shop, my entire life, all my work is right here.”

“Yeah,” said Wyl, “Well, that’s life, innit?” 

TOm0ZbngRWtwzU71vpK5nQzxEAWIETZ_bXkcSCtm85rd5vJIX_Up1IPtQmzK7bpx3WkOPEk2OGDIRv8-ZCNhdn0J1x5IQqGPqotTe1bjL0V9NGDxA2uR9pl7Z_FllXNzXmqsJckx

Quintessential was interrogated and has left Fallion's Tears! She was a Village Soother! PMs remain open.

Quintessential (5): Araris Valerian, Burnt Spaghetti, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elandera, Mailliw73, STINK
Mailliw73 (4): Biplet, Matrim's Dice, Quintessential, Tani, The Windrunner Supreme
Dannex (2): Fifth Scholar, Illwei
The Windrunner Supreme (1): TJ Shade
Kasimir (1): Wyrmhero

The Night has begun and will end at 2300hrs SGT (GMT+8), on 8th March 2021!

To make things clear, @Wyrmhero has been conscripted into serving as my co-GM, in the hopes that this will channel his tendency towards thread and doc chaos towards more constructive outlets. Please do not spam him with questions or PMs, they still go to me. He'll occasionally show up to troll me assist with such things as closing the cycle or handling y'all in my absence.

Original write-up:

"Crying is more important than rollover," - El

In which the GM gets unexpectedly hit by breakup/ex-related traumas, spends the past hour having a breakdown to the IM and El and the newly-acclaimed co-GM. Thanks for your patience guys, you're all awesome.

Write-up to come eventually, I'm sorry. I can't bring myself to right now but the show rollover must go on.

Edited by Kasimir

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Matrim's Dice as Philico, the Magician Extraordinaire! - Come one, come all!
2. Random Bystander as the village's random bystander and musician, a Regular Villager
3. @Gears as Roko the Basilisk, the gambling menace - Building a house of cards
4. Quintessential as Tesse Mourn, resident metallurgist, a Village Soother
5. @Fifth Scholar as Iste Confessor, village scholar - I confess I'm interested in this one
6. @Shard of Reading as Joe, gambling duck wrangler who drinks - I'd be driven to drink too if I had to wrangle ducks 
7. @Araris Valerian as Arenta, grumpy landlady - or the unholy conglomeration of AG Araris and Ren, tremble with fear ye tenants!
8. @Dannex as Dr. Aliker - A doctor, just probably not the one you're looking for
9. @Elandera as a confused and overworked metallurgist - Whose order is it anyway?
10. @Ashbringer as Derrick, general madman and secret kandra - Twice the pride, double the fall!
11. @TJ Shade as Fleur Tieste, hopeless romantic and god of cheesy one-liners - Are you a Lurcher? 'Cause I think I'm pulled towards you.
12. @Illwei - definitely not an Elantrian
13. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Sonnah Cojic, alchemist - But probably not full metal
14. Experience as Shard, the crazy 'kid' in town, a Village Rioter
15. @Mailliw73 as Marll, a gambling cobbler who heard of Tyrian Falls - Beware beetles!
16. StrikerEZ as Variel, a fastidious storyteller, a Regular Villager
17. @The Unknown Order as Obliteration, a Shard inhabiting one of his followers - Guess you could use somebody
18. @The Windrunner Supreme as Merritt Cavallo - Pending
19. Ventyl as Niru, a watcher of ashes, a Village Smoker
20. Flyingbooks as Lasalen, a Regular Villager
21. @Burnt Spaghetti as Roseanna Ghetti, an insomniac artist - But what is there to art in this village but an infinity of ducks?
22. @STINK as Smirkai - Smirkai, now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time...
23. @_Stick_ as Sunny, the intrepid baking worldhopping dolphin - So long and thanks for all the fish!
24. @Biplet as Sara, the local tavern-keeper - Toss a coin to your keeper, o' valley of plenty!
25. @Daisy as Hadra the storyteller - We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!
26. The Young Pyromancer as Pie Roayong, foreigner kid out for blood, a Regular Villager
27. Young Bard as Thiriel, social climber, a Village Lurcher
28. @Tani as Daux, duck poacher - The socially-accepted term is 'wrangler'.

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • To make things clear, @Wyrmhero has been conscripted into serving as my co-GM, in the hopes that this will channel his tendency towards thread and doc chaos towards more constructive outlets. Please do not spam him with questions or PMs, they still go to me. He'll occasionally show up to troll me assist with such things as closing the cycle or handling y'all in my absence.

Edited by Kasimir

The one rollover I sleep in. Wow.

I don't know what happened at the end there.

To make things clear: People kept saying that I was voting Maill for the same reasons as Quinn. This is not true, I specifically said that they were different when commenting on Quinn's reasoning. My reasoning for voting Maill was the same as Illwei's (who... didn't keep their vote, for some reason :P) who provided a massive iso with tons of good points that apparently I'm the only one who read. So my suspicions have not changed in the slightest.

I assume Quinn manipped off herself, and I assume the elims manipped off Maill.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Forgot to ask- Quinn voters, you accused the Maill voters of not having reasoning- what was your reasoning?

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

Not feeling so good about Devotary - post to come later

iirc Devo was like the only one to have reasoning for voting Quinn :P

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

She's right :) The write-up can wait

^^^This :) 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

iirc Devo was like the only one to have reasoning for voting Quinn :P

I was relatively convinced that Quinn was village anyway, so this hasn't got much to do with Quinn's flip :P I've been meaning to look at Devo 

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

To make things clear, @Wyrmhero has been conscripted into serving as my co-GM, in the hopes that this will channel his tendency towards thread and doc chaos towards more constructive outlets. Please do not spam him with questions or PMs, they still go to me. He'll occasionally show up to troll me assist with such things as closing the cycle or handling y'all in my absence.

Yeah, don't send me questions/PMs, I'm mostly just here to troll Kas and keep him sane (wait, does this make me Arnold Rimmer?) and be around roughly in the same sleeping pattern as him and close the cycle if he's suddenly called away, because Kas's sleep schedule is basically on GMT, which is nuts.

Edited by Wyrmhero

1 minute ago, Wyrmhero said:

Yeah, don't send me questions/PMs, I'm mostly just here to troll Kas and keep him sane (wait, does this make me Arnold Rimmer?) and be around roughly in the same sleeping pattern as him and close the cycle if he's suddenly called away, because Kas's sleep schedule is basically on GMT, which is nuts.

Bro, just wanna put it out there that exposing me to the thread like this is not cool :( 

Just now, Kasimir said:

Bro, just wanna put it out there that exposing me to the thread like this is not cool :( 

It's okay, you're amongst friends and me here.

hi

uh

I thought day ended tomorrow

pog

Why did Fifth try to jump on Danex that was weird

I'm liking Danex rn, that was a pressure vote that...I was...going to remove later....

I don't think people read my ISO no not even Maill sadge.

I read Gears' ISO on me that was pog. Idk about the contents but I like attention so-

TJ seems incredibly disconnected from the thread. Basically not engaging at all in the Quinn/Maill thing really, besides asking them all a question, and then moving on to Ash/TWS? If Maill is village then TJ more likely Elim. If Maill is an Elim then idek idk if that means anything someone else think on it plz

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Devo was like the only one to have reasoning for voting Quinn :P

I had reasoning, I just didn't state it. I was curious, mostly, about what would happen if two in the PM group were pitted against each other in the votes. As Maill pointed out, all of my suspicions rested on that group.

I admit, my reads are based entirely on the first half of D1 and all of D3. Those are the only things I've really been able to read so far. But Quinn's posts and many of the interactions I saw were odd. She seemed shifty about her involvement in things, but very adamant that she spoke in definites. Since I saw Maill as slightly more village, I was more willing to exe Quinn based on the read I was getting.

I think the effort to save Maill is worth noting, at least. I wouldn't argue with a couple of coinshots taking a hit at him tonight just to see the flip so we don't have to wait around another cycle. Village lurchers, please don't protect him. 

Also, I would still like a seeker to scan Tani.

Quinn warned me that the Fallion Four “may” have had some access to vote manip, although I honestly expected it to be Mailliw and not Quinn herself... but I’m assuming Maill knew Quinn would Soothe in self pres. What that means I’m not really sure.

Tani’s a decent Seeker scan. Maill or Stick would be too. And if I can shout out a personal suspicion, Fifth :P one of our inactives would be good Coinshot targets as well. Maill maybe - I’d argue he’s valuable enough if mostly confirmed that he should be Seeked over Shot, but that’s just me.

On the other hand... there’s not really a way for a Seeker to confirm things to the thread just yet. With Bard down they probably shouldn’t claim to thread unless they get proof of another (Village) Lurcher.

Were I a Seeker I would personally scan Devo/Burnt/maybe Maill. I think it's highly unlikely that Tani's elim, and that should be more obvious now given Quinn's flip. I agree that any Coinshots should probably go for Daisy/TWS. 

My current suspicions: Ash/TJ, Devo, TWS, Gears, Burnt, Daisy (Maill? mayhaps, but my gut says no.)