Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

10 minutes ago, Tani said:

Avalon, Mafia where everyone has acting roles, One Night Werewolf.

Ooo I love Avalon lol though I'd note that it's quite a bit different from this, since like... nobody dies XD

Edit: well this is a pretty mediocre 1000th post XD

Edited by Quintessential

51 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Hey, Elandera, I know you're busy, but I'm curious if you've got a bit more to share. :) I love your analysis, so I'd love to see anything you've got. 

"Hmm. This Elandera. Don't know her. You're as crazy as me it seems."

The metal is what matters right now. Yes. This time it's steel again. Always with the steel. 

Why does everyone want to go jumping around and jumping to conclusions?

They just need a bit more metal in their lives. It frees the mind.

18 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I think the voting she’s doing is more inline with her chaotic nature but the arguments with Quinn haven’t been so there’s a disconnect there that I’m interested in.

I am no longer accepting arguments from Mailliw, as he has now seemingly resorted to using meta that he doesn't know smh. :P.

Is it illegal for me to decide to have a non-chaotic game? and what defines chaotic? :P. If you want to take the time to make a meta case against me, feel free to go back and read the games I've played. Everything since LG67 excluding MR43 and MR47 :).

Just now, Illwei said:

I am no longer accepting arguments from Mailliw, as he has now seemingly resorted to using meta that he doesn't know smh. :P.

Is it illegal for me to decide to have a non-chaotic game? and what defines chaotic? :P. If you want to take the time to make a meta case against me, feel free to go back and read the games I've played. Everything since LG67 excluding MR43 and MR47 :).

Still wanna know why you unvoted Stick...

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

;)

I... ahhhh why am I doing this Illwei this feels like village!you and since my entire argument is based on meta... anyway.

Mailliw for... I'm not even sure. tbh I still haven't totally shaken the feeling that Maill is trying to pocket me, I guess. I have nothing else on anyone else. So. Yeah. There you go : P

51 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

...okay two reactions to this: first of all WHY WHY WHY would you claim???

And second of all, note that they won't be able to successfully scan you until... I believe next cycle? Yeah, next cycle. Right? Because you can only turn off your copper as a Night action.

This night actually, OoA says turning it off would happen first, just to clarify:

@Kasimir  Does turning of the Coppercloud happen before Seeking?

Edited by The Unknown Order

1 minute ago, Tani said:

How often are there newbies who are evil? Are the numbers skewed?

Just curious...

I was elim in my first game, and Archer in his first game--and those are just examples from my time here and off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others. Basically, I don't think newbies are generally any less likely to be on the team than experienced players?

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

How often are there newbies who are evil? Are the numbers skewed?

Thonkkkk.png.b504c912cab4dc5e99a8452474b6abae.png

It's all RNG, so who knows. Theoretically it could be all newbies, but...

Guys if Tani flips E I'm going to have some serious questions :P.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Tani said:

You never know.

am a Dustbringer...

;)

Illwei's point, I believe, is that you seem way too clueless about how being elim works to actually be elim :P a lot of things that you've asked about in-thread are the things that you'd probably ask about in the elim doc. Which doesn't mean you're not elim--I know I asked all my questions in the doc and then recycled them in PMs or in-thread afterwards to seem less competent XD--but it makes it seem less likely.

Okay. So. I just lost a two-hour multiquote when I was switching between tabs of this thread because people were posting so much. I am not happy so here is a snappish tl;dr without the quoting

- voting for Shard of Reading

- I agree with araris that we shouldn't be killing people that are active D1 if we can help it (or returning players, which is why the quinn vote on maill is weird to me)

- Quinn and Illwei are getting too frustrated with each other; Quinn has good points that Illwei isn't answering but is also tunnelling

- five or six of y'all post too much to reasonably keep up with and the others barely post at all :P 

- village reads: Stick, Maill, Quinn*, Araris, Elandera

- speaking of which I'm glad @Elandera is having fun with her new playstyle :P 

- elim reads: Dannex, SoR, Illwei, Books, Experience

- no storming clue what to make of Striker or Ventyl

- still sad I lost all my specific analysis and half-witty replies

- I'm kinda burnt out on the thread please chill with me in PM if you want to talk in the next few hours

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

If it was all newbies I think Kas would step in. That's a little over the top.

AG2 :P 

Edited by Fifth Scholar
bolded vote

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

- I agree with araris that we shouldn't be killing people that are active D1 if we can help it (or returning players, which is why the quinn vote on maill is weird to me)

sighhh ik I definitely debated just unvoting but... heh yeah I shoulda just done that probably : P I... yeah okay Maill it occurred to me as I was posting that vote that Maill's a returning player but at that point it was too late so I just left it : P 

3 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

- Quinn and Illwei are getting too frustrated with each other; Quinn has good points that Illwei isn't answering but is also tunnelling

I think me tunneling D1 is basically a tradition at this point : P (Dannex in QF50, Matrim in LG73, TUO in MR48...)

4 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Quinn*,

Why the asterisk? I assume that read is conditional/less certain but some specifics would be nice :P.

(you don't have to respond now if you don't feel like it ig but I'm gonna forget to say stuff later if I don't do it now)

51 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

- no storming clue what to make of Striker or Ventyl

:) Glad to know both of us are very confusing and chaotic. Makes sense considering we’re brothers. :P

Also, just want to say that everything Illwei is doing does feel elim-y to me still. I will be keeping my vote on her. I watched the last MR, and while this isn’t the only reason I’m voting on her, her current post style and almost...defensiveness for awhile there feels very similar to how she played in that game. Plus what she’s posted in this game already is enough to make me elim-read her. 

EDIT: to clarify: the things she’s doing in this game are the reason why I’m voting for her. The stuff with the last game is just the cherry on top to add context.

Edited by StrikerEZ

49 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Illwei's point, I believe, is that you seem way too clueless about how being elim works to actually be elim :P a lot of things that you've asked about in-thread are the things that you'd probably ask about in the elim doc. Which doesn't mean you're not elim--I know I asked all my questions in the doc and then recycled them in PMs or in-thread afterwards to seem less competent XD--but it makes it seem less likely.

No comment.