Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

That's a good point, a Lurcher should be on them until further notice.

I mean, not necessarily. The Lurcher, assuming there is one, should decide whether or not they want to protect Ventyl on their own. I personally think it would be interesting to leave Ventyl unprotected and see what happens. If he survives too long...then we take a look at him. But also, if most people are pretty sure he's a villager, I'm also fine with recommending that the Lurcher protect him.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Knowing my role makes that a little weird.

I’m not saying you’re a Lurcher, I’m saying you could be plotting to get Ventyl uselessly protected if you’re both evil :P.

Keep in mind it was in strikethrough so it’s by no means my first train of thought.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m not saying you’re a Lurcher, I’m saying you could be plotting to get Ventyl uselessly protected if your both evil :P.

Keep in mind it was in strikethrough so it’s by no means my first train of thought.

No, my real role makes that weird.

Edit: @StrikerEZ I can neither confirm nor deny, but seriously no, I am not a Smoker.

Edited by The Unknown Order

I feel like we're focusing too hard on the vote manip... that's, what, 1/4 of all the roles here (not counting the Mistborn or Smokers as anti-vote manip). Of course there's going to be a lot of village vote manip roles, and they are likely going to use them.

Hmm. If you're a Soother and willing to be risky and PM me, I  have an idea.

... I don't think a Lurcher should guard Ventyl, honestly. We need Lurchers to be around for when a Coinshot or Seeker gets forced to out, and the best way for that to happen is if Lurchers self-target and claim Thug. There's no way for the Elims to punch through a Lurcher unless they somehow get a Coinshot (and even then, maybe not? I forget), and I doubt they'd try and multihit lest they either A.) okay there's a Lurcher, still can't kill them or B.) congratulations you killed a Thug.

That being said, Lurchers being erratic is likely a good strategy, especially if we're worried about an Elim!Seeker who can just outright find a Lurcher from a Thug. So, maybe?

... Unknown Order, I sincerely hope that's not a N1 Seeker claim...

... yeah, it's a Smoker claim! That's it! That makes me feel better please don't say more there's too many claims going around anyways help my poor PM safe brain

Arenta put a new sign outside her office, which read, "Rent fees increase for everyone by 10% per mention of specific Allmonatic abilities. Those fools causing trouble don't need any help from us."

Then she wandered off to the tavern to see who was wasting money on drinks instead of covering their debts.

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

don't worry, we ain't in PMs rn

... okay good :P

Inhales

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by Ashbringer

Y'all. Please. Forget PM safety, how about thread safety? There aren't enough Lurchers to cover every soul that claims a role >> Besides that, anyone sewing chaos by claiming a role publicly is getting suspicion from me from now on. If you want to confuse the storms out of me kindly have the courtesy to shoot me a PM and do it there instead >>

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Arenta put a new sign outside her office, which read, "Rent fees increase for everyone by 10% per mention of specific Allmonatic abilities. Those fools causing trouble don't need any help from us."

Then she wandered off to the tavern to see who was wasting money on drinks instead of covering their debts.

+1 to this 

2 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Y'all. Please. Forget PM safety, how about thread safety? There aren't enough Lurchers to cover every soul that claims a role >> Besides that, anyone sewing chaos by claiming a role publicly is getting suspicion from me from now on. If you want to confuse the storms out of me kindly have the courtesy to shoot me a PM and do it there instead >>

I haven't claimed, yet, I've only hinted at it.

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

They could also just not claim- just putting that out there

Well if all the Lurchers are protecting themselves, they're either a Lurcher or a Thug...

So yes, but maybe?

If you're a Thug Claim Lurcher, if you're a Lurcher Claim Thug, if you're a Coinshot claim Smoker, if you're a Smoker claim Seeker, if you're in possession of any sense at all don't listen to me when it comes to what you're supposed to claim because I say whatever comes to the top of my head and am vanilla cursed :P

Just now, Ashbringer said:

If you're a Thug Claim Lurcher, if you're a Lurcher Claim Thug, if you're a Coinshot claim Smoker, if you're a Smoker claim Seeker, if you're in possession of any sense at all don't listen to me when it comes to what you're supposed to claim because I say whatever comes to the top of my head and am vanilla cursed :P

:ph34r: Illwei, Ash just claimed vanilla. You gonna do something about that?

2 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I claim Coinshot

but yeah

Please don't claim in thread. I am definitely someone who has the credibility or whatnot to say this.

Thread claiming bad- it's better to claim to people in PMs.

People is me.