Long Game 74: You Want It Darker

Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Or, they could be implying that they are vanilla. (That's how I interpreted that)

I assumed they meant someone had role claimed cuz of this bit:

30 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

at least if a certain someone is telling the truth

I guess they technically could be referring to Kas XD but why would the GM lie haha

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Striker, I can't imagine Gears had the time to write that analysis after he got his role PM. Actually, I'm pretty sure he always writes his analysis beforehand. And idk what about it is forced--it seemed normal to me. This just feels like an attempt to throw shade on someone to me

Ahhh the train has picked upppp and now I'm wondering about Quinn and trying to make sense of me elim-reading her every single game -__-

For now I'll ignore it. That seems good.

12 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

but I dont think an elim would make a slip-up like this one so early in the game as I'd expect them to be way more cautious of their words than some villager

This = good point. A slightly IKYK and person dependent point, but as someone who's been misexed for 'sounding weird' a few times I can respect it xD

Mild vil reading Stick for this as well

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

I assumed they meant someone had role claimed cuz of this bit:

I guess they technically could be referring to Kas XD but why would the GM lie haha

Well, I thought it was weird for someone (even a vanilla) to be claiming this early. So, I thought that they were implying that they were in a PM with a vanilla but the person that was lying was themselves. In retrospect, I was definitely overthinking it.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Ahhh the train has picked upppp and now I'm wondering about Quinn and trying to make sense of me elim-reading her every single game -__-

Well, given that the last time you elim-read me I was the villager who guessed the entire elim team, and the time before that I was the villager that neutral!you ended up pocketing... really, it's when you vil-read me that you should be worried :P 

The random bystander sighed. This was going to be interesting. She didn't really know anyone, so she wouldn't vote. At least, not today. She tuned her stringed instrument. It was completely unique here, and no one in this village would have seen anything like it before. She smiled, and started to play the way she had been taught. The music almost seemed to tell a story. She played as a small crowd gathered around her. She finished her song, and after a moment, the crowd dispersed. "Be careful who you chose to vote for." She said to the dispersing crowd. "You see, it's the terror of knowing what this world is about." She sighed. "You don't want to have to be watching some good friends scream 'let me out' as they die. And you definitely don't want to be one of the people who helps kill innocent people. Be thorough, and don't jump at wraiths in the mist." She then got up, and walked off to find another audience.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Well, given that the last time you elim-read me I was the villager who guessed the entire elim team, and the time before that I was the villager that neutral!you ended up pocketing... really, it's when you vil-read me that you should be worried :P 

Nah nah for that MR I came around pretty quick- I initially distrusted you (what I'm doing right now) and then agreed that Illwei was likely the elim out of you two and was right. Plus, you can't really claim guessing the entire team when you didn't really believe it yourself xD

But that's why I'm ignoring it. I'll come around, or I won't. And then I'll know, right?

You're skipping over the two games I killed elim!you, also :P.

Just now, Quintessential said:

...I am? Sorry, I've blocked those last couple of elim games out of my memory, so I'd forgotten you elim-read me ig...

I mean, the AG and QF50 is what I'm referring to. So me killing you is overstating, but I did help with the exe considerably :P Disregarding the fact I woulda unvoted you in the AG, killing Straw instead, but forgot when rollover was

Striker's post does seem suspicious to me, but it seems almost too suspicious to be made by an elim. As an elim, if you want to suggest a bad plan it shouldn't be discovered in minutes, but his post had enough bad ideas and fallacious reasoning that he should've known that at least one would be caught instantly.

Lasalen ran through the feather-filled storeroom trying to grab hold of at least one duck. At last, after being run into a corner by an especially angry dye-covered duck, they found one that was standing still. Almost too still. When they got close, they found its mouth in a vial of a mixture that they had predicted would cause temporary paralysis. They had wanted to test their formulas on the ducks, but not like this! There were no control subjects and by now all of them had probably eaten or drunk at least two different things. Well, at least they could take this one duck and put it in the testing room. As Lasalen walked through the door into the main building, another duck followed. They put down the paralyzed duck, all of their attention focused on the escapee. It ran through the small hallway, then turned at the door to the room where they had put the poisons and volatile materials. It was as if these ducks were looking for trouble.

Well...I can’t say I’m surprised this happened. At least I caused discussion like I wanted! :P

25 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Um, nooo? Smokers exist. This only applies if the person you scan actually has a metal/is mistborn.

StrikerEZ don't lie to investigatives.

Well, first off: Seekers scan for role and alignment. Secondly: I forgot about Smokers. :P

28 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Though @StrikerEZ's point about how long it'd take them to win is good, though it's also slightly contradictory since he just asked the Coinshots to kill as much as possible. (A request, I might add, I disagree with unless you're Alv, who is not in this game :P Coinshots: be careful about it, and smart. It might be worth waiting for an alignment scan to come up Spiked, though since that might not actually happen it's up for debate.)

I mean...I don’t see how it’s contradictory at all. I can simultaneously want the elims to have a better chance of winning because I want the game to be balance and also want the coinshot to kill a lot so we can get information. My personal philosophy with kills is to use them as often as possible. It doesn’t matter if you hit an elim or not (at least in the early game) because knowing someone was a villager can help us when looking at people who interacted with that player. I’m a bit sad I’m not a coinshot. I would absolutely be using my kill every night if I was. :P

26 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Striker, I can't imagine Gears had the time to write that analysis after he got his role PM. Actually, I'm pretty sure he always writes his analysis beforehand. And idk what about it is forced--it seemed normal to me. This just feels like an attempt to throw shade on someone to me

I mean, you’re not wrong that it was an attempt to throw shade on someone. Because it was. :P

And it worked! I got people to start discussing a lot. :P

Anyway, I’ve been ninja’d a bit again, but not gonna risk losing the post.

16 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

An early D1 train is always great to analyse in hindsight after an elim or two have been outed in some way :ph34r: Good content

16 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

A slightly IKYK and person dependent point, but as someone who's been misexed for 'sounding weird' a few times I can respect it xD

Oh yeah, definitely a possible IKYK always

14 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Well, I thought it was weird for someone (even a vanilla) to be claiming this early. So, I thought that they were implying that they were in a PM with a vanilla but the person that was lying was themselves. In retrospect, I was definitely overthinking it.

I can see how that may have gotten very confusing xD

12 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

The random bystander sighed. This was going to be interesting. She didn't really know anyone, so she wouldn't vote. At least, not today.

I was gonna vote on you for this until I realised you're a new player xD so some hesitation in voting is warranted :P I think everybody else should definitely vote or at least voice their opinions regarding any suspicions 

Right now I'm ever-so-slightly suspicious of Shard of Reading, but this is 70% gut and 30% the confusion with the whole Pyro role claiming stuff - something about which just doesn't sit right with me. No solid reasons though, which is why I'm not casting a vote on them (yet). I'm also going to be keeping an eye on FlyingBooks - they have posted once so far and it was solely to jump in and defend Gears. Nothing wrong with what they said - just something I'm going to be thinking about :P 

edit:

I have been ninjad

Edited by _Stick_

Just now, Flyingbooks said:

Striker's post does seem suspicious to me, but it seems almost too suspicious to be made by an elim. As an elim, if you want to suggest a bad plan it shouldn't be discovered in minutes, but his post had enough bad ideas and fallacious reasoning that he should've known that at least one would be caught instantly.

But... why would a villager post anything that they know has bad ideas or fallacious reasoning? Except as a reaction test, and I don't think that's what that was <_< just because something doesn't seem like an elim thing to do doesn't mean that it is a villager thing to do. 

[OOC: I've been trying to think of a proper personality for Dr. Aliker for the better part of a week, and I'm still not completely satisfied, so I'm just gonna wing it.]

Dr. Aliker left the scene of the murder feeling sufficiently perturbed. He was by no means squeamish, you couldn't be if you were a surgeon, but seeing a dead body always left him feeling odd. A profound sense of loss that really couldn't be shaken, along with regret that he couldn't have been there to help. And below all of that, he had a sure feeling that this murder wouldn't be the first. He returned to his offices and began arranging his tools, for he had the feeling that his services would soon be needed.

Hello I am here. No real thoughts yet, but the very sudden train on Striker seems a bit weird to me. 

Just now, Quintessential said:

But... why would a villager post anything that they know has bad ideas or fallacious reasoning? Except as a reaction test, and I don't think that's what that was <_< just because something doesn't seem like an elim thing to do doesn't mean that it is a villager thing to do. 

It was probably just poorly thought out. I'm not reading striker as a villager, but I don't think an elim would write that post. idk, it's really confusing me right now.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean...I don’t see how it’s contradictory at all. I can simultaneously want the elims to have a better chance of winning because I want the game to be balance and also want the coinshot to kill a lot so we can get information.

I meant contradictory in that you were using the length of the game with 6 elims (8 cycles) as a reason to think it's a larger team, but with coinshot kills every cycle the time it would take for them to win would be lessened, thus making a 6 person team more likely.

3 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Hello I am here. No real thoughts yet, but the very sudden train on Striker seems a bit weird to me. 

As far as I know all three of us came to our conclusions individually :P

Not sure about Books. Their elim games, at least to me, have all felt different so it's hard to get a read on them that's conclusive.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

4 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:

Could you elaborate on the bolded part? As in what parts of the post stood out to you as bad ideas?

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

It doesn’t matter if you hit an elim or not (at least in the early game) because knowing someone was a villager can help us when looking at people who interacted with that player. I’m a bit sad I’m not a coinshot. I would absolutely be using my kill every night if I was. :P

I do agree with the reasoning, but encouraging the coinshot to kill N1 is kinda useless because how much interaction could you really even get within one cycle? I think the coinshot shouldn't kill until N2 unless theyve got some solid suspicions

6 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:

I'm not reading striker as a villager, but I don't think an elim would write that post. idk, it's really confusing me right now.

Are you suggesting he's some kinda secret neutral role? :ph34r: we didnt have those in the other runs of this game I dont think

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Could you elaborate on the bolded part? As in what parts of the post stood out to you as bad ideas?

• Voting on Gears because the analysis felt too forced even though it was most likely pre-written
  • Suggesting very frequent coinshot kills. That's extremely unlikely to work out well this early in the game
  • Suggesting that Seekers immediately trust people who register as villagers. He said that he forgot about copperclouds, but it still seems fishy to me
4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Are you suggesting he's some kinda secret neutral role? :ph34r: we didnt have those in the other runs of this game I dont think

Probably not. He's right at the boundary of suspicious and TWTBAW for me, so I just really don't know what to think about him.

1 minute ago, Flyingbooks said:
  • Voting on Gears because the analysis felt too forced even though it was most likely pre-written
  • Suggesting very frequent coinshot kills. That's extremely unlikely to work out well this early in the game
  • Suggesting that Seekers immediately trust people who register as villagers. He said that he forgot about copperclouds, but it still seems fishy to me

Fair enough @Gears was that analysis pre-game written? xD It would be cool to have an answer to that, but anything Gears says about that now would be completely non-alignment indicative at this point wouldnt it

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

@_Stick_, this should answer your question. Your welcome.

Except that's the RP, not the analysis :P.

Good try, though :P 

(Ninja'd)

I do think the analysis was pre written though, considering how quickly Gears posted.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Fair enough @Gears was that analysis pre-game written? xD It would be cool to have an answer to that, but anything Gears says about that now would be completely non-alignment indicative at this point wouldnt it

Most of it was [about 80%]. I wrote some last night but didn't finish it, and then I got the PM and finished it up, along with some touch-up to get 1600 words exactly. The RP was pre-written though.

While I do appreciate the general populace's defense of me, I'm a bit concerned at the sudden flurry of knives thrown at Striker. Their 'bad points' are as follows: Voting on me for a strange reason [understandable, my syntax is always strange. I put a lot of effort into strange syntax. Perhaps they noted the overly fluffy nature of it that I designed to purposely get it to 1600 words?], encouraging Coinshots [which seems fine. Murder is good. I see no problem with this], and forgetting about Smokers [which I do note, because if they had read my analysis as they apparently did to note my syntax, they would have seen the Smoker bit, yes? And the part where I reminded the Seeker about Smokers?]

Current opinion of Striker: Nothing to sway me either way except perhaps malicious framing, but they did that as a villager in LG73 [and I killed them for it...], so I don't think that's a tell. Vaguely positive opinion of Stick and Books for good points, which technically is NAI, but I like it anyways.

Stop ninja'ing me! Your top sneaky ways are too much for my shoddy perception!