Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

@Ashbringer, what do the italics in your list mean? I had it quoted and on mobile it messed it up.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Until I go back and look at Illwei's posts, my vote is on Ashbringer. Those lists look like smoke and fluff to me. They don't actually help, in my opinion, but they are an attempt to look  helpful.

Why do you feel they’re not helpful? I was thinking it was helpful to narrow the field as it were, and while certainly others can draw the same conclusions, not everyone (such as myself) is aware of who was on when. I feel like voting within that list makes sense for now.

5 hours ago, |TJ| said:

On me? I'm not sure if you were on, but Illwei had definitely moved off. So It was either you moved off and then he voted on me, or he voted on me and then you moved off. 

No I meant... I just checked- Illwei was in the lead when Araris voted Az, that's what I thought. Granted it was 2-1-1-1-1-1 or something like that but it was an attempt to consolidate that I mentioned as he did it looked similar to D1 of LG77 in which my teammates (plus you, you should remember this :P) voted an inactive over me. So yeah I'm fine with staying here for my vote.

34 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Why do you feel they’re not helpful? I was thinking it was helpful to narrow the field as it were, and while certainly others can draw the same conclusions, not everyone (such as myself) is aware of who was on when. I feel like voting within that list makes sense for now.

So, first of all, making a list like that based off of an off-handed comment a revealed eliminator made seems counterproductive. Especially Illwei, who is an unrepentant troll. There's also the issue where, if by some insane chance Illwei was being honest, that the person in the doc just wasn't in the Shard. And even if Illwei was both being honest and the person in the doc was also online, one elim in 11 people is worse odds than the starting ~1/5. 

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

No I meant... I just checked- Illwei was in the lead when Araris voted Az, that's what I thought. Granted it was 2-1-1-1-1-1 or something like that but it was an attempt to consolidate that I mentioned as he did it looked similar to D1 of LG77 in which my teammates (plus you, you should remember this :P) voted an inactive over me. So yeah I'm fine with staying here for my vote.

I posted somewhat early in the cycle saying that I would change my vote the next day with the intent to consolidate. And then I did that (after a failed attempt, but that was partly your fault :P).

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

I don’t think we should pay any heed to the words of a confirmed elim :P They’re probably meant to just throw us off. Analysing illwei’s posts before they were outed though? That could get us somewhere. I’ll iso them or smt tomorrow morning, but for now I’ll note that I want to take a closer look at Drake, TUO, Steel

No offense to Illwei, but troll or not I kinda believe she would slip up in that way :P Especially because she immediately said that it could have just been misdirection. So, I'll see. If there's another lead from her posts, her distances D1... I'll go for that, but this is a way for me to narrow things down.

45 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

@Ashbringer, what do the italics in your list mean? I had it quoted and on mobile it messed it up.

Italics (aka Archer and Devotary) were on for Dannex saying he scanned Illwei, but not on for Dannex outing Illwei as Kohga. So E!Archer or E!Devo could have seen Dannex post, then gotten off the Shard and advised Illwei from the Elim Doc alone.

So they're in that group as well, as they are both crafty enough to think of that. 

14 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

So, first of all, making a list like that based off of an off-handed comment a revealed eliminator made seems counterproductive. Especially Illwei, who is an unrepentant troll. There's also the issue where, if by some insane chance Illwei was being honest, that the person in the doc just wasn't in the Shard. And even if Illwei was both being honest and the person in the doc was also online, one elim in 11 people is worse odds than the starting ~1/5. 

This is true, mostly. But if Illwei did slip, there is another benefit: we can rule out some team compositions. Alv, Drake, Randby, Yeet would be an unlikely last 4 for a team.

On to Illwei it is.

34 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

. So, I'll see. If there's another lead from her posts, her distances D1... I'll go for that, but this is a way for me to narrow things down.

The obvious lead is their reads list. Surely they'd try to sneak their teammate onto it, get them some trust cover. I believe Tani was in that sweet spot of being a one plus trust. I highlighted the spot I was interested in in my last post. 

I'll be off world most of Saturday and the rest of tonight. Hi, Kayla! 

"hey elf, we forget who the Secretary of State is..."

"I AM LINKOV!"

"Oh that's right, Mr Blinken!"

Welcome, Kayla!

@Ashbringer and @Araris Valerian (and others who have made points around this subject), you have good points on both sides. I’ll go back and read Illwei’s posts from the last cycle and see what I can glean myself, but I’ll probably lean on others guidance mostly. For now, Steel has shown up on a few people’s lists of possible suspicions, and I’m noting your suspicion of Tani, @Archer. I’ll see where my mind leads me to in the next few hours, and I’ll try to go ahead and get a vote on record tonight so I don’t forget.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

"Oh that's right, Mr Blinken!"

Every time I read Blinkin or Blinken, I can't help but think of Robin Hood Men in Tights.  Thanks for that as now I have to go watch it again. :P 

On 6/24/2021 at 2:30 PM, Illwei said:

Mat what's your read on Drake rn

On 6/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Uhh it was elimish from his first post but then he went and had to explain himself reasonably and nothing felt off (though I admittedly don't remember them all too well) in his following posts. I still have him marked as slight elim but Null is probably more appropriate. 

Ok, so I finally started reading what I missed (I was only a few posts short of where Illwei was outed, d’oh), and this stuck out to me. A form of distancing by appearing to not have another means of communication? I dunno, it felt odd. Not the read on Drake itself, just the posts by Illwei and Mat.

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Every time I read Blinkin, I can't help but think of Robin Hood Men in Tights.  Thanks for that as now I have to go watch it again. :P 

Hey, Blinkin!

Just now, Jondesu said:

Ok, so I finally started reading what I missed (I was only a few posts short of where Illwei was outed, d’oh), and this stuck out to me. A form of distancing by appearing to not have another means of communication? I dunno, it felt odd. Not the read on Drake itself, just the posts by Illwei and Mat.

This made me read Illwei/Drake as a possible e/e even before Illwei was outed tbh

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

This made me read Illwei/Drake as a possible e/e even before Illwei was outed tbh

It’s possible, I suppose, but if I were Illwei, I’d have been asking someone about a villager for a read. Too easy to start casting suspicion on a teammate without reason by bringing up their name. She might think differently, of course.

Ngl, right now I’m sorta reading you/Illwei/Steel as teammates. Masterfully distancing if so, but totally believable to my cynical mind. I’m still not quite ready to cast a vote though.

19 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Ngl, right now I’m sorta reading you/Illwei/Steel as teammates. Masterfully distancing if so, but totally believable to my cynical mind. I’m still not quite ready to cast a vote though.

What if I spun that to you/Illwei/Drake? :ph34r: Kidding, mostly.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What if I spun that to you/Illwei/Drake? :ph34r: Kidding, mostly.

Lol, I’d love to hear that reasoning.

I just read all of Illwei’s posts and most of Mat and Steel’s. I’m feeling the connection more and more. I think for now my vote goes on Steel, but honestly it’s a tossup.

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Lol, I’d love to hear that reasoning

Illwei/Drake as I said before (plus my slight elim read of Drake I had anyway) and then you added in there separately since there’s grounds to elim read you but I always do that. You, Striker, and Archer I elim read pretty much consistently. Archer less so recently though 

Edit: “I’m feeling the connection more and more”

Hmm confirmation bias? :P. I speak for myself but the connection is not there.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Illwei/Drake as I said before (plus my slight elim read of Drake I had anyway) and then you added in there separately since there’s grounds to elim read you but I always do that. You, Striker, and Archer I elim read pretty much consistently. Archer less so recently though 

Edit: “I’m feeling the connection more and more”

Hmm confirmation bias? :P. I speak for myself but the connection is not there.

Which means I can’t trust your reads. When have you correctly read me as Elim?

And no, I won’t take your word for it.

3 hours ago, kaylakrue said:

hey lol

Welcome to the game! 

I have no idea why Jondesu actually thinks I'm a teammate with Mat. Why would I have been asking for a PM with mat this whole time if I had a doc to speak together in? I guess I could have been lying. But, uh, I wasn't. 

As for Illwei, I guess from the paranoid angle you could read my posts as very subtle distancing. 

Or you know, just genuinely being baffled by meeting the sheer chaos that was Illwei for the first time, and having a strong reaction to it. 

Drake, I have no clue. Havent really read his posts too deeply, besides the fact that he voted on me for some of my comments. 

I'm going to bed now, but tomorrows my last day before I head to Hawaii so I'm gonna try and do a full reread of the thread up to this point then. 

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Which means I can’t trust your reads. When have you correctly read me as Elim?

And no, I won’t take your word for it.

I mean, I can't trust my read either, but I also don't think you've ever done this and hey there's a first time for everything, even correctly reading you ;) But in all seriousness that's why I'm voting Araris and not you or @DrakeMarshall

Awwww but my word is obviously the most trustworthy source

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I have no idea why Jondesu actually thinks I'm a teammate with Mat. Why would I have been asking for a PM with mat this whole time if I had a doc to speak together in? I guess I could have been lying. But, uh, I wasn't. 

^^^

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

As for Illwei, I guess from the paranoid angle you could read my posts as very subtle distancing. 

Tbh I kinda see it but idk

I am still alive. I'd expect an elim to be among the people who mentioned Illwei being village for her Zelda claim, though probably not the first one. TUO more likely village for immediately voting them I think, although that vote didn't actually count so maybe not. Steel as well. Looks like only Matrim and somewhat Drake marked Illwei as village, so somewhat elim on Drake for this. Don't think e!Matrim would be so quick to promote a teammate.

21 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

During that whole thing, Illwei mentioned that someone in the Elim doc said that she should kill Kas-Beedle. At that time, there were a few people who hadn't been on, and I tried to note those at the time, but here it is again: 

I - aren't you giving a lot of weight to what Illwei seemingly posted jokingly? That's... a lot of effort put in to something said so nonchalantly. 

20 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Until I go back and look at Illwei's posts, my vote is on Ashbringer. Those lists look like smoke and fluff to me. They don't actually help, in my opinion, but they are an attempt to look  helpful.

Yeah, as I said I agree with this. Not going so far as to vote, but rescinding my previously existing village read.

16 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

No offense to Illwei, but troll or not I kinda believe she would slip up in that way

Nuh uh, maybe I'm giving too much credit to Illwei, but that wasn't a slip. Especially when she's come out and attacked people trying to intentionally act like they slipped village before (think she called out someone who said Mat's village claim was a slip). This statement was in the same vein as those slips.

5 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I am still alive. I'd expect an elim to be among the people who mentioned Illwei being village for her Zelda claim, though probably not the first one. TUO more likely village for immediately voting them I think, although that vote didn't actually count so maybe not. Steel as well. Looks like only Matrim and somewhat Drake marked Illwei as village, so somewhat elim on Drake for this. Don't think e!Matrim would be so quick to promote a teammate.

This whole post feels elimiy, like something's off about the entire. I don't know how, but it just does.