Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was trying to not kill Stick :P.

Hmmmm.

So, I kinda don't think that's what you said when you cast the vote? At the time you cast the vote it wasn't super likely it would save Stick, and you even acknowledged this when you voted.

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean yeah but I don’t think Illwei would answer :P 

You don't? Again I've played like 2-ish cycles with Illwei ever so maybe my take on their playstyle is missing things, but I kinda disagree.

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Hmmmm.

So, I kinda don't think that's what you said when you cast the vote? At the time you cast the vote it wasn't super likely it would save Stick, and you even acknowledged this when you voted.

I mean, I didn’t think there was enough time. But what would be the point of casting the vote if not to try not to kill Stick? At the very least I’d take back my support

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, I didn’t think there was enough time. But what would be the point of casting the vote if not to try not to kill Stick? At the very least I’d take back my support

I agree with not wanting Stick to die, it's just that it kinda seems like you stated that this wasn't what you expected the vote to accomplish, when you voted...

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I agree with not wanting Stick to die, it's just that it kinda seems like you stated that this wasn't what you expected the vote to accomplish, when you voted...

But there’s not really a reason to vote otherwise, hmm? :P I was being pessimistic but the intent was there.

I'd still love to hear everyone's suggestions for scans/the Link kill. Crowdsourcing is never a bad idea. I'll repeat my request for a Drake scan, as it'll potentially clear the four who voted for him in the CW. 

It also concerns me that the Tani wagon never got traction. That can be a sign of evilness. Illwei's other one plus reads are Alv, who I trust based on that post where they agreed with me and voted Tani, Azmine, who is a low poster, Araris, who has been remarkably quiet and I agree with whoever said usually is more suspicious of odd vote patterns like we've seen, Waffles, who has been low impact, and TUO, who they adamantly defended. Those are where I want to focus our attention on to exhaust the leads from Illwei's flip. 

Ashbringer, your final suspect list after your analysis was Stick, Steel, Mat, Archer. I trust Mat, and very trust Steel based on Illwei's suspicions of them, so this seems well off the mark. 

Dannex, if you find another person with your role, a Postman, or a Knight, you should think about mentioning that, since a villager of each of those has already either been exposed or in the case of the Postman who set me and Drake up, set themselves up to win a Postman-Postman sus off. And watch for whatever the Thug was called. Village Mipha = elim Thug. So Jond's question was valid. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But there’s not really a reason to vote otherwise, hmm? :P I was being pessimistic but the intent was there.

I'm sorry but no. Explaining new reasons for a vote a cycle after it happened is not accepted by me :P

I can remember like three or four different times I've seen people do that and all of them were evil

Hey everyone! I’m going to be taking a sudden trip with my mom to visit a sick family member. She’s gonna be okay, just needs some extra support right now! And please don’t worry, I’ll still be able to play the game, I just probably won’t be able to read every post anymore. If someone wouldn’t mind doing short summaries for Tuesday through next Monday that would be super cool, but also there’s not really a need so don’t worry about it. Thank you all for understanding! 

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I'm sorry but no. Explaining new reasons for a vote a cycle after it happened is not accepted by me :P

I can remember like three or four different times I've seen people do that and all of them were evil

Well excuse me if I didn’t say exactly what was going through my head as I scrambled to post something twelve minutes before rollover :P

Sorry to break your record :P.

@Matrim's Dice @The Unknown Order @Ashbringer @Azmine_king @Archer @Dannex @Szeth_Pancakes @Steeldancer @Araris Valerian @kaylakrue @|TJ| @Devotary of Spontaneity @Jondesu @Alvron @DrakeMarshall@Random Bystander @WhiffleWaffles @attic_gremlin @YeetAroundABush @purplewhiteandgold @Tani @quillinthestars Here is your ~11 hour reminder to get any actions in before the turn closes!

Also, here's a second reminder to @Random Bystander that if you don't post this turn, you will be removed from the game (or replaced if a pinch hitter is available, though that's not likely at this point).

Hi.

I'm not dead, thanks for asking. :P

Also, sorry. I've been busier than I had thought I would be. Who knew that becoming a dual-credit student required so much work?

But I'll try to be more on top of responding.

--------

Eshe plopped down onto her bed with a sigh. I have no idea what to do. Rust and Ruin! You'd think Harmony would have sent a more experienced Kandra. But no. He had to pick me. She rolled over, and moaned. I'm one of the 11th generation for Ado's sake! Sending someone like TenSoon would have made sense. But why in Ruin's name would he choose me?!?! Why?

I mean, it's only a matter of time before I fail.

Eshe fell asleep as a tear silently fell down her face.

Alright, the crappy situation in regards to getting to Hawaii was resolved, I made it, and it seems I'll have enough time on my hand to at least post something actually relevant once or twice a turn. Which is good, I wasn't sure how much time I was going to have. 
Stick, if you're reading this, I apologize, I probably wouldn't have voted on you if I had had time to do analysis? I'm honestly not sure, since I haven't actually done said analysis. Thankfully the thread seems to have slowed down a lot, because the number of pages generated day one was terrifying. So I'll be able to reread everything without using up too much time. 
A quick, off the cuff recap of the gamestate as we are right now (mostly to organize my own thoughts). We started the game with 26 people, with an estimated 4-6 elims. We killed their most obvious role, Illwei who was Kogha. But they sniped back and killed Beedle, one of the most useful village roles. It seems Kasimir left some sort of trust group behind, although I don't know any of the details regarding that. So, they've lost one team member with a role, and we've lost one vanilla villager and one power role. I'd say, we're probably in the advantage here. We still have both Link and Zelda hidden (to my knowledge), Dannex is hard cleared, and no postmen have died so we should have some sort of communications going on. So from here, two strategies. First, continue to expand a village trust group. Second, (my preferred method) continue to analyze according to the information that we have to figure out who the other elims are, since we did manage to get one already. I remember a saying a long time ago that SE is a game of information, and information ball seems to be in our court. 
Hopefully we can keep it that way (PM SAFETY REMEMBER THAT THANK YOU).

Between a lack of energy/focus and the chaos of the last couple turns, I have no reads right now on anyone. I’m hoping that the next turn will bring more info for me to work with. It seems as though there's a fair amount of suspicious that I'll need to sift through and analyze, but I'm going to wait and see if there's any new and relevant information next turn.

Very slowly going thru the player list to get some tentative reads now that some roles have been outed... not enough time left in the turn nor braincells left in my head to get into it rn but for those of u noticing my lurking, rest assured the gears are turning! i'm just still getting used to this game lol

22 hours ago, Archer said:

Anyway, let's go around and suggest who we'd like Zelda to scan tonight and Link to kill. My picks would be Tani/Drake and TUO. I suspect the NK will be Dannex.

I'm going to play Elim's advocate for a moment, because warning yous off never works. This next paragraph is entirely sarcastic.

You should definitely have Link kill me. It's the best idea ever.

Ok I'm done being sarcastic now.

Killing me with Link's sword is what's best for the Elims. It gives them the equivalent of free night immunity for this turn and the next.

I think we should only have Link kill CONFIRMED Elims. That way he can jail kill every night, not just about every other night.

So I'd like to either be not touched or Zelda-scanned. Preferably not touched because (in my eyes) it's a wasted scan, but I'll be fine with being scanned because then yous will trust me and stop tryna kill me. Tho I'd rather you vote me out than, say, Zelda.

Jaralph had never thought he'd find himself in such a deadly situation. He was just a carpenter. He hadn't once made a weapon in his life, before these Yiga came and infiltrated the castle. Now he had a whole slew of wooden weapons at his disposal. 

Who am I? Jaralph thought to himself as he walked through the dark halls of Hyrule Castle. He didn't know where he was going; he was just following Mipha, one of the champions herself, wherever she was leading him. She had come to him in the middle of the night, and asked him to come along with her for some important duties. So, now he was trudging along with several wooden weapons strapped to his back, with no idea of where they were going or why.

"Mistress?" Jaralph asked softly. Mipha hardly turned back to look at him, though she did slow down a bit. "Can I ask why we're doing this?"

"Because I have a bad feeling about tonight." She said. "We're going to find Link or Zelda, and we're going to stay with them. I need to be there in case-"

Mipha never finished her sentence. There was a Yiga soldier standing in front of her, his blade piercing her throat, who hadn't been there a moment before. Jaralph was sluggish, slow, untrained in the sword, but he grabbed one of his wooden swords and went to attack the soldier anyway. The soldier puffed away into mist, and Jaralph spun around, trying to see where he went.

He didn't have time to react as the Yiga's sword drove through his stomach.

char(77)char(73)char(80)char(72)char(65)

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule, walked with a purpose as he went to find Link and kill him. 

Granted, he wasn't actually King Rhoam. The true Rhoam was locked away somewhere no one would find him, and that was assuming he wasn't dead by now, killed by another Yiga who grew tired of keeping him prisoner. It wouldn't matter for much longer anyway, as the Yiga were getting close to finding and killing Zelda and Link. Plus, Mipha should be dead by now, if everything had gone according to plan. Once they found and killed Zelda and Link, there would be nothing stopping Calamity Ganon once he returned.

Rhoam finally found the room he thought Link was hiding in. The young knight was a great fighter, the best anyone had ever seen with a sword. But he wasn't the greatest at hiding. Rhoam knocked on the door fiercely, trying to embody how he thought the true Rhoam would act.

Link opened the door, his eyes groggy. 

"Link, I need you. Now. Come with me." Rhoam said. He barely had time to react before Link swung the master sword at him, and he had to poof away to not die.

Well, he thought to himself, hiding behind a wall a little bit away. That could've gone better. Guess we'll try another idea.

The Yiga turned into a little fairy, and flew under the crack of the door that Link had shut. He flew up to Link's bed and then, when he was close enough, yelled, "Hey! Listen! We're under-"

He didn't have time to react as Link pulled the master sword out from under the blankets and killed him.

char(82)char(72)char(79)char(65)char(77)

Matrim's Dice has been killed! They were a Hyrulean Mipha!
Araris Valerian has been killed! They were a Yiga King Rhoam!

There will be a removal during this Day turn. There is no vote minimum (though no one is removed if no one votes), and tied votes result in a random tied player getting removed.

@YeetAroundABush @The Unknown Order This is an inactivity filter warning. If you don't post this turn, you will be removed or replaced by a pinch hitter.

This turn will end at 9:30 am CDT on Wednesday, June 30th.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice Hyrulean Mipha
  2. Kasimir Hyrulean Beedle
  3. @The Unknown Order - Gavrill, seriously bewildered because he is having a firemoss hallucination.
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast and AraRaash, who will certainly find a way to keep each other busy while stuck in a strange dimension.
  5. @Azmine_king
  6. @Archer - Linkov, an elf with a sword who shouts "I'M LINKOV"
  7. @Dannex - DaaNex, a kandra
  8. @Szeth_Pancakes - Earl, a knight(?)
  9. @Steeldancer - Linebeck, swindler, salesman, local hero
  10. Araris ValerianYiga King Rhoam
  11. @kaylakrue
  12. @|TJ| - Shakhtar, character that develops a personality the longer it exists
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kele, ex-Yiga, a bit confused but has the spirit
  14. _Stick_ - Hyrulean
  15. Illwei Master Kohga
  16. @Jondesu - Cimu
  17. @Alvron - Jamut Whitemane, no idea what's going on
  18. @DrakeMarshall - Zoel, an intelligent green hat who is definitely not Ezlo, what are you talking about?
  19. The Young Pyromancer - Hyrulean Knight
  20. @Random Bystander - KorVaal the Kandra, currently impersonating a Hylian woman named Eshe
  21. @WhiffleWaffles - Sagessa, she's pretty cool
  22. @attic_gremlin - Horatio Archibald Stibbons, Hyrule Castle's elusive, mustachioed butler
  23. @YeetAroundABush - Nott Yigah, from the esteemed and most noble house of Yigah
  24. @purplewhiteandgold - Vee, a maid at the castle and a bit new to all this
  25. @Tani - Reva
  26. @quillinthestars - Conepine, he's... he's just a pinecone cat

PMs will be sent out shortly, if they haven't been already.

I'll go back to TUO btw. Both Illwei and Araris very strongly defended TUO in the first cycle, that it's gotta be a move that screams 'it's too elimy for the elims to defend themselves so we're gonna do exactly that". I'll be back after re-reading the thread looking for Araris interactions.

Edited by |TJ|

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

I'll go back to TUO btw. Both Illwei and Araris very strongly defended TUO in the first cycle, that it's gotta be a move that screams 'it's too elimy for the elims to defend themselves so we're gonna do exactly that". I'll be back after re-reading the thread looking for Araris interactions.

Hmm. I'm already suspicious of TUO from what others've said, including our (now-dead) Mat. 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

he was the one person I actually trusted. 

*cough* literally conf vil here *cough*

but yeah oof

lost Mipha 

not very fun

guess I’m gonna be very very dead soon.

unless we have a second Mipha?