Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

9 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I was thinking more of Kas, if only because of the justified text :P 

i-

sadge, i don't need to justify my formatting choices to you ;-;

10 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I know exactly what you're talking about, Lion. I'm still in shock from this history you speak of. 

Multi-quoting, hmm? Less extensively but I'm interested now. I guess I couldn't hide my identity forever, and especially not from you, Wyrm'alor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to be pushing back rollover by 2 hours permanently, because my family hates me not being busy in the morning. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

That means there are less than 4 hours for you to get your actions and votes in. 

1 hour ago, Magenta Albatross said:

once Mavset-im switches to a different account, will they have access to this account's previous PMs or will those be deleted before handing the account over to Mavset-im? If the PMs get cleared then it wont be hard to single Mavset-im out given that the account they take over has had some PM convos.

If it works anything like Kandra in past games, the previous body (original Mavset-im account) dies, but the player removed is the original owner of the new Mavset-im. All those PMs would close because that account is dead.

Edit: I'm tired. I just realized you asked if they have access to the new Mavset-im account's PMs from the previous owner. My guess is they're still there because they can be in PMs, they just can't talk. So that might be something to look for. If someone suddenly stops talking in PMs but is still active in the thread, it could be insane Mavset-im.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

40 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

@Coral Swan You said to tag you with any questions so I'm taking you up on it. What is your name, what is your quest, what is your favourite colour, and what is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

Coral Swan, Here to get rid of all the regals, blue, African or European?

I suggest that we all pose difficult questions that have satisfying answers which are hard to guess, so that if anyone suspects our bodies have been snatched, we can reveal our solutions as proof we have not been corrupted. 

Mine will be what can be added to what to make theater? 

47 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Coral Swan, Here to get rid of all the regals, blue, African or European?

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

I suggest that we all pose difficult questions that have satisfying answers which are hard to guess, so that if anyone suspects our bodies have been snatched, we can reveal our solutions as proof we have not been corrupted. 

Best hope Alv isn't playing. He and Meta were very good at the original SE riddle dead doc games. 

In theory I agree with the idea of a neck riddle and I've broached this idea with my repeat mention of warrant canaries across this day, in practice I think it is hard because a good answer is ideally only known by you, but then makes it hard to be verified by someone else which is why I'm more a fan of secret messages or codes—pending Steel's ruling—because I think the ability to make sense out of nonsense is a bit more robust than answering a riddle. 

Another thing we can use to sniff out Mavset-im is a drastic change in a player's posting times - if Mavset-im chooses to impersonate a player from a timezone different to theirs, the change should be rather apparent. They probably won't go in that direction though, and would pick someone from roughly their own timezone for ease of impersonation. 

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

i-

sadge

Two of illwei's trademark phrases back-to-back? Interesting.:P 

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Multi-quoting, hmm? Less extensively but I'm interested now. I guess I couldn't hide my identity forever, and especially not from you, Wyrm'alor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're either spot-on or completely off the mark. :P 

1 hour ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

If it works anything like Kandra in past games, the previous body (original Mavset-im account) dies, but the player removed is the original owner of the new Mavset-im. All those PMs would close because that account is dead.

Edit: I'm tired. I just realized you asked if they have access to the new Mavset-im account's PMs from the previous owner. My guess is they're still there because they can be in PMs, they just can't talk. So that might be something to look for. If someone suddenly stops talking in PMs but is still active in the thread, it could be insane Mavset-im.

Yeah I was referring to the previous PMs of the previous user of the account - more specifically the 'expired' PMs that would have stopped being used after their single-cycle life. 

58 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Very well -  why does it hurt so much to be blessed?

I'm worried though, that anybody could just cook up a sorta believable answer to that and get away with it.

50 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

In theory I agree with the idea of a neck riddle and I've broached this idea with my repeat mention of warrant canaries across this day, in practice I think it is hard because a good answer is ideally only known by you, but then makes it hard to be verified by someone else which is why I'm more a fan of secret messages or codes—pending Steel's ruling—because I think the ability to make sense out of nonsense is a bit more robust than answering a riddle.

Exactly, but I doubt secret messages would be permitted. Let's wait and see.

EDIT:

I also just realised how much of a pain in the backside Mavset-im can really be - any NK that shows up in the write up could easily be Mavset-im's old vessel, so essentially, we can't fully trust any reads or conclusions we make from any NK flips. Like, the only upside to NKs in normal games is that we get to go back and analyse posts made by the victim and extract analysis from it. 

Edited by Magenta Albatross

9 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

This is the one post I feel like mentioning right now. The "consider me confused."

In reading that I interpreted the post as added pressure, which is something I do all the time. Maybe I interpreted wrong though. Plum Rhinocerous comes in and simply says...this. This isn't something that you say when you want to understand the motive behind someone's vote. This comes off as either E/V or E/E.  Buddy-buddy with a partner and trying to look like you are suspecting them without actually fully bussing them, or an Elim trying to look like they are suspecting a villager without actually having to back it up.

To sum it up, this feels fake.

This is simply the same issue Penguin found. It's just my way of speaking this game. If it's a problem and interfering with people's reads, then I can stop, but I'd rather not as it's pretty fun :P It is exactly what I said when I wanted to understand the motive behind someone's vote, as that's what I was asking. I worded it like that because I'm speaking weird/formally this game and I can stop if you want.

I too find it interesting that myself and Albatross are your two foremost suspicions yet you mark us as not e/e (though I cannot fault you for this as I have done it myself before) and also that you don't vote either. Not that I'm complaining. But I suppose this paragraph was rather useless as I cannot fault you for that either, as I again have done something similar as village before. That being said your train is rather interesting and I'm not opposing it even if I won't join it.

The Tuatara train died down. Noted.

9 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Real TJ spotted. No wonder you care about elephants so much. Except you're claiming a different timezone than TJ, so really, who knows?

I just woke up, so do with that what you will. It was a welcome surprise that I'll be able to get to each rollover before it happens, thanks to the push-back.

I think I mentioned Elephants once, in my Mavset-im example post? There was another animal there too that escaped my memory, though I'm fairly sure they aren't in the game. I did that purposefully, or tried to.

10 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I'm worried though, that anybody could just cook up a sorta believable answer to that and get away with it.

Exactly. Depending on the ridiculousness of the question, this wouldn't be too difficult.

4 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Okay. 

Rhino

Why me over Albatross? When comparing how many 'posts of note' you gave each of us, Albatross is clearly ahead. And I explained mine, though in all fairness you haven't seen it yet since it's in this post, above as I'm typing this. Or I guess by the time you're reading this you have seen it. Hmm. An interesting thought experiment.

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros
That's the third page I've accidently started this game.

Please, call me Ross. Albatross just contains an embarrassing number of syllables.  

3 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I would not mind reviving it. But Swan has just been playing so chaotically that I don't know what to make of it. It sorta seems like an elim has dug themself into a hole that they can't quite climb out of, so now they're just going all in with the unexplained votes and the jumping from one vote to another etc etc in the hopes of being let off the hook for being too chaotic.  

9 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Please, call me Ross. Albatross just contains an embarrassing number of syllables.  

I would not mind reviving it. But Swan has just been playing so chaotically that I don't know what to make of it. It sorta seems like an elim has dug themself into a hole that they can't quite climb out of, so now they're just going all in with the unexplained votes and the jumping from one vote to another etc etc in the hopes of being let off the hook for being too chaotic.  

And here I was, trying to actually be anonymous.

7 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I think I mentioned Elephants once, in my Mavset-im example post? There was another animal there too that escaped my memory, though I'm fairly sure they aren't in the game. I did that purposefully, or tried to.

Also noted, but it was viable enough that I think players sensed a lack of opposition to it and bailed. 

There's an irony to forgetting elephants 

1 hour ago, Opal Lion said:

Best hope Alv isn't playing. He and Meta were very good at the original SE riddle dead doc games. 

Bold of you to assume I'm not just trying to get my riddle fix through crowdsourcing. 

17 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Why me over Albatross? When comparing how many 'posts of note' you gave each of us, Albatross is clearly ahead. And I explained mine, though in all fairness you haven't seen it yet since it's in this post, above as I'm typing this. Or I guess by the time you're reading this you have seen it. Hmm. An interesting thought experiment.

Different posts have different levels of ping for me. I don't care that yoube chosen to "dismiss" the allegations against you by saying it is your "formality", because there are plenty of ways you could have maintained that formality while still caring. "Consider me....confused" is a post that is made because you felt obligated to make it, and not just rp. It felt not only forced, but in the end indifferent. I'm sticking with this one.

My votes are neither random nor chaotic. Dingo was to see what happened, and then i moved to rhino, my top suspicion. In my "posts of note" you should see my questioning of the Albatross read, so not voting there shouldn't be a surprise for me.

2 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Different posts have different levels of ping for me. I don't care that yoube chosen to "dismiss" the allegations against you by saying it is your "formality", because there are plenty of ways you could have maintained that formality while still caring. "Consider me....confused" is a post that is made because you felt obligated to make it, and not just rp. It felt not only forced, but in the end indifferent. I'm sticking with this one.

I suppose that's fair enough, even if you're wrong. I guess I was feeling especially poetic right then or something. I'll try to drop the manner of speech a bit come next cycle cause once it starts interfering with how people read me then it's gone too far. Which is a shame, but ah well. I did feel obligated to make it- I was confused by their vote switch. Though that's likely not what you mean.

I'm disappointed (in who, though, I'm not sure...) that you imply that I do not care.

3 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

My votes are neither random nor chaotic. Dingo was to see what happened, and then i moved to rhino, my top suspicion. In my "posts of note" you should see my questioning of the Albatross read, so not voting there shouldn't be a surprise for me.

I merely skimmed the actual content there, mainly noting how many there were, which apparently was my mistake.

I don't particularly like any of the options for voting, though I guess since it's D1 that shouldn't be a surprise. This most recent Swan post reads genuine to me, however.

6 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I'm disappointed (in who, though, I'm not sure...) that you imply that I do not care

I am just reading them as i see it. You could have conveyed the same tone while still pressuring them or explaining why you were confused.

4 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I am just reading them as i see it. You could have conveyed the same tone while still pressuring them or explaining why you were confused.

I don't see the correlation between that and not caring, though I suppose it's possible that you do.

This more than anything is what honestly makes me want to drop the formality thing because it's just... wrong because I do care. And if the tone I'm going for gives off the opposite vibe then that's my bad and I'll fix that by talking normal, even if it's less fun.

Can't guarantee accuracy but here's a Vote count:

Tuatara (3): Falcon, Heron, Mouse
Penguin (2): Hyena, Vulture
Rhino (3): Penguin, Dingo, Swan
Swan (4): Lion, Scorpion, Flamingo, Albatross 
Dingo (2): Rhino, Ivory

Swan's in the lead with less than an hour of the turn left, with Rhino and Tuatara tied behind them. This is probably the only turn we can safely disregard the possibility of vote manip, so that's nice, because tied votes result in no exe at all.

12 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I'll try to drop the manner of speech a bit come next cycle cause once it starts interfering with how people read me then it's gone too far.

I mean, you can speak how you want. I personally dont think it matters at all. Trying new styles is fun.

2 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Can't guarantee accuracy but here's a Vote count:

Penguin unvoted me with a green that I had to look close to see, though it otherwise matches mine.

2 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I mean, you can speak how you want. I personally dont think it matters at all. Trying new styles is fun.

It is! :D And thanks. This style just so happens to be starkly different from my normal one. I think I'll drop it slightly but not entirely.

LG79/AN10 Night 1: The Mountain Pass
Moirin had sung the Rhythm of the Wind to find out when the storm was coming, and it would be coming tonight. 
The small group of Singers had been walking for about 5 days now, and they had made a good distance, and reached the foot of the mountains. Thane could see the pass, but it would still be quite a climb. They would hide in a cave once they got to the top. 
Everyone pitched in to help get the older Singers and the children up the arduous climb. Thane sung to the rhythm of determination as he carried a sleeping kid on his back.
The night was falling as they managed to get the last few into the cave. They would finish actually crossing the mountain pass later. 
It was cold. Cold and rocky. At least down below had been somewhat warm, Thane thought dully as he shivered. 

Moirin spoke up. "As tonight is the first storm since we left, we will use some of our gems tonight." Now THAT got people's attention. She opened the bag of glittering gems. Painspren, logicspren, passionspren, gravitationspren, and others all trapped in the gems. You could shatter it during the storm, making it so much easier to get the desired form. 
Everyone wanted to be able to think again, so they all dove after gemstones. There was quite a bit of squabbling over the logicspren and painspren in particular. Thane waited until everyone else was done, and grabbed a gravitationspren gem. He had always preferred workform anyway. 
Nobody noticed the one Singer who had been trampled in the scramble until they were already dead. 
---
Abaram could feel the highstorm approaching. Most of the adults were outside, preparing to put on a new form. She guessed she would join them, and pretend to put on a new form. The children cowered in the cave they had found. And damnation, it was COLD! She hummed to the rhythm of Annoyance. 
---
Vote Tally
Coral Swan(4): Albatross, Scorpion, Flamingo, Lion
Cream Tuatara(3): Heron, Mouse, Falcon
Chartreuse Penguin(2): Hyena, Vulture
Plum Rhino(2): Swan, Penguin
Melon Dingo(2): Dragonfly, Rhino
Coral Swan has been exed! They were a Dullform Rebel
Quick clarification, as it was asked earlier about codes and whatnot. I haven't been around for 2 years, so I'm not sure on the rules of that, but I'm going to say if you're in artform feel free to make something clever up, as long as you don't use any outside sources to help you. Of course, if Araris says otherwise, I'll defer to that, but for now I'll just stick with that decision. 
The village stash will be available again starting day 2. 
Player List

Spoiler

1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin- Elrin
6. Coral Swan Dullform Rebel
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuchsia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly- Kethri
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron- Chashen
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion- Atticus
18. Oxblood Beagle- Jalnor
19. Plum Rhinoceros- Edith

The turn will end in 23 hours, at 12 EDT on 7/22/21. 

Edited by Steeldancer
vote tally

35 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

There was quite a bit of squabbling over the logicspren and painspren in particular.

Write-ups are not meant to be indicative per se but it would not surprise me if there was a rush for Scholarform and Warform, which would imply there are a number of people who failed to collect a gem this time around.

Edit: L

The highstorm was approaching.

Bad dreams. Atticus didn't want them. They followed him.

So he told himself as he watched the sun go down, steadily ignoring, as best as he could, the squirming electric-violet fearspren coiling at his feet.

One of them was dead.

Edited by Opal Lion

On 7/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Madiv plodded along with the rest of the group. It was so hard to think. She could remember bits and pieces of her life before, but so little. Had they really thought they could flee from their gods? This hardly seemed it could work now. They had to try, but it seemed…futile. She would persevere, though, no matter what she thought. Or didn’t think.

Okay, I’m here. Not going to add to the discussions about which form to use, I think there’s enough of that already. I’ll throw a vote on someone in a bit after I take care of some IRL stuff. Don’t want to go cycle one without a vote, and it’ll probably be RNG unless I reread and find anything that sticks out.

Alright, since no one else has posted and I've had time to track what was said… I don't agree with what some people suggested, like Cream's suggestion about saying we should claim when we grab Warform (although perhaps stating we did so before being lynched could be valid in some cases, to avoid wasting a lynch, but even then it may be iffy). That said, I don't think those reasons are good enough to place a vote on someone. Both because Elims are usually very careful not to post things that would draw attention to themselves like that (though mistakes can be made) so things like those are often village mistakes, but also because they can just often be legitimate mistakes from either side.  I lean village or NAI with things I disagree with usually.

So, instead I'm going to vote on one of the people who hasn't posted yet, as a poke vote, which will stay unless they respond, and will probably shift once they do, though no guarantees (depends on if I like their response). @Indigo Weasel, the Gods of RNG hath chosen you! Indigo Weasel, why would you betray our brethren to Odium, the wrathful god?

I wouldn't. Unless you're asking in what situations I would. In which case, why would I list those? Azure did similarly and I agree that it was an unwise decision to let the traitors know who to convert, as someone else said.

13 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I see what you did there

I don't

Let's see. Tuatara's thing seemed odd, not enough for me to want to remove them yet, but odd.

Just an observation, I use different abbreviations to describe different animals, with Azure and Opal called by their color and Tuatara and Ostrich called by their animal.